• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Got #11 caps?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can’t say a single bad thing about Cabelas. They have always treated me right and stood behind everything I bought from them. Since they have been bought out by Bass Pro I can’t comment. I haven’t had any dealings with them since that took place. I just haven’t needed anything.

This applies to those who live in Virginia. I was in Green Top Sporting Goods on Thursday, and they had a well-stocked muzzleloading section. I don't think they ever sold black powder, but I saw Pyrodex P and RS, along with Triple 7. Plenty of percussion caps, round balls of just about every caliber and .50 caliber Great Plains Bullets. A full line of all accessories as well.
Gotta love good old Greentop!

all my local stores are well stocked with #11 percussion caps

Calebas and Bass Pro have Remington #11s for $13.99

better prices for both CCI and Remington at Scheels:
3 weeks later, and nothing seems to have changed at Scheels in The Colony, Texas; still the same amounts of #11 percussion caps available...
20221011_123658.jpg

Yeah, I don’t think many people realize that Scheels has some muzzleloader guns or supplies for that matter. I wonder what kind of BP substitute propellant their Shooter’s World brand is or is not? They say it is clean burning and gas no sulfur in it.

I wonder what kind of BP substitute propellant their Shooter’s World brand is or is not? They say it is clean burning and gas no sulfur in it.

Shooters World Black 3F is manufactured by American Pioneer Powder. None of the APP powders contain sulfur. All the APP powders light easily and burn much cleaner than black powder.

i've used about 1/2 pound of Shooters World powder mostly in inline rifles. The smoke is a little different from Black MZ. At 50 yards 90 grains of Shooters World behind patched round balls gave good groups when fired from my .54 caliber rifle.

Stopped at Graf's store in Mexico, Missouri today. CCI #11's - $9.62 per hundred (bought one tin, didn't ask quantity price. They had 1Fg, 4Fg, and Reinactor black powder in stock.

Far cheaper than Bass Pro's price a week ago,

I know things change over time. Was recently digging thru a dresser drawer and found an empty tin of Rem-UMC #11 caps, D&D Guns, Wichita Falls sticker said .99.
This was 1980-82. Remington was most common caps used, although not the best. A friend swore by Navy Arm's caps, another used an off brand that really smelled odd. CCI arrived and no one used Remington caps around here. With them you'd get over a dozen caps missing the compound, it'd be in the bottom of the tin. CCI were hotter and sure fire, we loved them. Pre-Covid I found an online coupon from Midway for caps. I bought 3k caps, gave 500 to my friend, sold another 1000 at cost to a competitor.
I've lived thru several "Scares". Never panicked, just carried on. Things always got better.
The idea of $11.99/100 caps nearly takes my breath. I chalk a lot of this up to people glued to the internet and buying out of greed or fear or one-upmanship. My cousin bought over $4500.00 in cartridge ammo for a gun he's Never Shot!
Mind Boggling.
If everyone stops buying out of fear the price WILL come down. Basic Economics.

Latest posts

Back