• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Different cap height trivia

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I loaded up my Ted Cash capper today with Remington #11's and by the time I got to the range half the caps had turned over sideways in the capper and wouldn't feed. When I got home I measured some #11's and got these results:
Remington: .142
CCI mag: .162
RWS: .156
The Remingtons worked fine, just not in the capper.

I loaded up my Ted Cash capper today with Remington #11's and by the time I got to the range half the caps had turned over sideways in the capper and wouldn't feed. When I got home I measured some #11's and got these results:
Measured mine
REM. .152 CCI .165 RWS .160 I use a Polish Capper and have no problems. May be they do not hold close tolerances in manufacturing as they should. :dunno:

The Remington 11’s are definitely shorter than the 10’s. They are the same internal diameter so the shorter 11’s will fit on the larger taper of the 11 cones… the attached file should be a sticky…

Attachments

• Colt Percussion_Cap_Primer_2022.pdf
    10.8 MB · Views: 0
Back