• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

'Cap Full of Luck'

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Caps! Caps! By dumb luck, stumbled upon the only dealer who had Caps at my area's large regional gun show. Had a dozen or or so blister packs of CCI's @ $15. ea. I got four. I note that CCI is a division of Speer in Idaho! He did say he can't get #10, but I was OK with the #11's. The day of ten dollar caps seems to be in the rear-view mirror.

I saw caps at my usual go to gun store for instore sales only last week were reduced from $12.99 to $9,99 for #11 standard CCI. Perhaps that is a good sign for the price gouging to be coming down. Thanks to this forum I read last fall that Walmart was in stock, so I went to several that carried muzzleloader supplies and bought 24 tins for $5.62 ea. I bet they still made money on them and were not allowed to price gouge, but I bet they will cost more next fall when they stock up for hunting season.

When looking at RWS remember they come 250 to a tin. All this remember when stuff is well and good. I remember when I made $1.85 an hr. So a tin of caps is cheaper now if you look at purchasing power. Combine that with the current antigun atmosphere it is what it is

Back