• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

flint to percussion convertion

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nwtradegun

50 Cal.
Reaction score
if you wish to know how it was done on the 1820s frontier. send me a pm or your email address. it involves using your current flintlock.

I don't understand. I never knew this was a big secret. So....
You want me to send you my flintlock so I can learn how it was done by somebody in 1820?

you cant post another forum. soi will send info by pm or email I don't want your lock. you use the current flintlock you have.

I remember reading about a fur trading group that complained the powder they got was so bad they had to convert their guns to "detonators" ( the old term for percussion caps). So it was done in those times. :idunno: :idunno:

Mr. Morrison,
The link will not work, even from a PM. It's set up that way because it's from another forum.
Why not just start your own discussion about this very interesting topic?
Early conversions can be really interesting. To me the most interesting make use of the original flint cock with a steel brazed or soldered into the cock jaws.
I do know that Chambers has done at least one custom conversion to one of their Late Ketlands. I do believe this was for one of Jim Kibler's kits. The customer wanted percussion.

Back