• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

First one of these for me.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fw707

45 Cal.
Reaction score
I shot this target yesterday offhand at 25 yards with a .40 flinter:

30XXXTarget8-5-07003.jpg

Blizzard of '93 said:
you got braggin' rights fer sure with that grouping. details on the load?

Thanks everybody for the compliments!
I sure wasn't bragging....I've only done it once, and I'll probably never do it again. :haha:
I was shooting 40 grains of 3F Goex, a good ole pillow ticking spit patch, and one of my cast .395 round balls. The gun is a .40 Tip Curtis halfstock with a Green Mountain barrel and small Siler lock.

Wyoming with that combination you should be able to give us a repeat performance anytime soon. That's just what I use in my .40 and it is a tack driver at 25 yards.
Fox :thumbsup:

Should have aimed a little more to the left :rotf: Just kidding thats a great looking group. :thumbsup:

Great shooting and you can bet I'd be bragging, and praying the good Lord would let me do it next time. :rotf: :rotf:

Cliff, if I do it one more time in my lifetime I'll be a happy feller! :haha:

Thanks again for the kind words! :wink:
I shot the target in my club's annual "meat shoot", and won a huge package of fresh chicken. The first batch went on the grill last night and it was extra good. :grin:

Back