• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

First build: Sitting Fox Squirel Rifle

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I chickened out on trying to make a butt plate so going straight poor boy. Stock is sanded and ready for finishing. Sight install today I think.

Attachments

• KIMG0636.JPG
    KIMG0636.JPG
    39.4 KB · Views: 79
  • KIMG0635.JPG
    KIMG0635.JPG
    46.9 KB · Views: 76
Sights installed. Rear one is slight out of square will fix that up if I can. Front one came out great I think. Really made sure the bottom of the cut was flat and square before I started with the dovetails file.

Didn't like the buckhorn so Im making it something else 😂 Don't know what yet.

Attachments

• KIMG0658.JPG
    KIMG0658.JPG
    86.4 KB · Views: 119
  • KIMG0656.JPG
    KIMG0656.JPG
    71.7 KB · Views: 123
  • KIMG0650.JPG
    KIMG0650.JPG
    100.7 KB · Views: 118
  • KIMG0649.JPG
    KIMG0649.JPG
    53.2 KB · Views: 129
  • KIMG0653.JPG
    KIMG0653.JPG
    46.8 KB · Views: 127
  • KIMG0652.JPG
    KIMG0652.JPG
    56.7 KB · Views: 119
I chickened out on trying to make a butt plate so going straight poor boy. Stock is sanded and ready for finishing. Sight install today I think.

after you shoot the gun a while you'll think "i need to finish it now" then you will add the butt plate.

i left a bunch of pieces off of one of my guns for a few years, then one day..."i need to finish it now".
i am actually glad i did it that way, it gave me some time to see the changes that needed to be made.

ou

I wasn't going to but decided to install a touch hole liner. So, bit on hold till it comes in. Until then something showed up to deastract me a bit.

Attachments

• KIMG0673.JPG
    KIMG0673.JPG
    68.8 KB · Views: 85
Well done.
Please tell me how it comes together and shoots.
I would love one myself in 45 as well.
What grade maple did you get?
I can't decide if I should go Maple or walnut.
Mind you I can't warrant another 45. Or even another muzzleloader to be honest.
buutt.......

Got my lock all browned up. Seems my main spring sturrip has decided to play hide and seek.....luckily track has them in stock. I needed some mink oil and pillow ticking anyway.

Touch hole liner installed. Barrel is browning. Horn came in. Sturrip has shipped. Should be making smoke real soon.

Attachments

• KIMG0701.JPG
    KIMG0701.JPG
    146.8 KB · Views: 56

Latest posts

Back