• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Howdy from West by God Virginia

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Philip Chua

32 Cal
Reaction score
Howdy all,

I think I heard about this group over on Facebook's Vintage Muzzleloading forum. My background - C&R rfile collector and dabbler in cleaning up old rusty junk. I have owned a few blackpowder rifles, my favorite being a .58 cal musket made by Miroku. Other than fitting some mauser sporter actions to semi-inletted wood I don't have much wood carving experience nor any experience with full action inletting. I asked over there about a Track of the Wolf kit and I was talked into going toward a Kibler kit instead. They are beautiful kits and I think thats the way to go. A second project is buying one of IMA's 1841 Nepali Brunswick style rifles and taking it apart to learn how sideloack rifles work! I am pouring over previous projects, particularly Kibler kit builds to be sure I have all the appropriate equipment and setup before I order the kit. In the meantime I will probably get one of the IMA rust hunks to disassemble for educational purposes (and because I like rust and dirt). I am also reading on American Longrifles and ordered a couple recommended books to get intel. By occupation im a physician and I live on a 100a hobby farm here in WV. I do a lot of handoading and lately I've been making a little of my own vintage propellant which has been a fun project. I'll try not to ask too many stupid questions once the Kibler project is underway.

Doc van Phil (wvcruffler from the old Curios and Relics group shelfspace days!)

Hi doc. Hey I got a stupid question. How many time have you been asked for free medical advice? That's not the question. Hey, what do you thinks wrong with my big toe? No, the other big toe. Welcome from Michigan. Steve

Hi doc. Hey I got a stupid question. How many time have you been asked for free medical advice? That's not the question. Hey, what do you thinks wrong with my big toe? No, the other big toe. Welcome from Michigan. Steve
Plenty! but hey plumbers, electricians, most all tradesmens get it worse so i'm not complaining!

Latest posts

Back