• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

finished two projects

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jasontn

40 Cal.
Reaction score
Took some time to finish a couple projects for myself i started a while back . first is a belt knife i made from an old case xx kitchen knife, i had asked about the gaps in another post. I took out the top pin and replaced it with something a bit bigger and it closed the gaps up good. I used naval jelly to clean the blade up and then cold blued it and rubbed it back 2 times then left the blue on. The horn is one i got from leather unlimited and carved in a Tansel style. my wife bought me the Sibley's book and i used the instructions in it to dye the spout. I cut a single ring in back of whales mouth and engrailed the front of the ring. All the carving was done with files, sandpaper, scraper blades, and a dremel tool. Heres some some before and after pics of each one.

100_1640.jpg

100_1615.jpg

100_1791.jpg

Jason , looks like your using your time well, knike and horn look great. I know what its like to have time on your hands. I've worked in the papermaking business for close to 20 yrs and just got laid off a week ago. The company packed up the machinery and moved it to South Carolina.Hey ,any of you guys from SC, no ill will,thats just the way big business is nowadays. Anyway it has given me more time at home w/ the family and maybe I can add another charcoal burner to the gun rack, maybe a smoothbore. One door closes and another door opens. Wild Eagle

thanks guys. i like your work as well john, to me half the fun is making it yourself. that knife came from ebay for .99 cents took some work getting the chromium finish off tho.

i hear ya wildeagle. im supposed to go back to work in a few weeks. im 33 and this is the first lay off ive experienced so im lucky there but i have a 5 yr old and a wife in nursing school so its kinda stressful. i make stuff to help relive the stress and keep from goin nuts.

One door closes and another door opens. Wild Eagle

You have that right about the doors Wild eagle, never say die while there is a shot in the locker.

I have held many jobs and wore a variety of hats with several organizations. The last company I worked for, quit twice and was fired once, but their offers of advancement & higher pay always brought me back, stayed on until I took a very lucrative early retirement package from them.

Wierd world jason, 16 yr and 14 yr sons and my wife starts nursing school in june? GO FIGURE

Congratulations on a job well done. I like the knive finished very much. Great looking horn.
Billk :thumbsup:

Back