• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

My first knife

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Really bored here yesterday! Blizzard conditions here in Southern Vermont, windy, lots of snow, so no going outside, I looked for an inside project.
I have had this small Mora blade for many years, sitting at the bottom of my toolbox, awaiting the time and ambition to rescue her.
I found a small rack from a long dead deer, drilled it out and epoxied the shaft . Shaped it a bit with sandpaper, and it seems to fit my hand just right.
Today I whipped up a nice little sheath from scrap leather, some heat and mink oil finish and I now have my next hunting knife.
Snow days can be productive.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 4
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 0
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 0
I like that, except one thing, I like a guard or a step for protection. I have had a semi bad experience with similiar knives, hands get wet or bloody while field dressing, it’s easy to slip forward and next thing you know your cut. I’m not knocking your knife, just cautioning you on its use is all. I love working with antler as well!

Back