• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Finally ordered a Kibler Woodsrunner!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
New to the Flintlock/black powder scene. I'm intrigued by how much everyone is raving about Kibler Colonial/woodrunners. Besides Google, does anyone have the website? How much did yours cost, AND....can a guy who can barely boil water -assemble a kit (besides sanding and staining)? I want to use it only for target shooting, plinking. What calibur would you recommend? Thank you from the new kid on the block!

https://kiblerslongrifles.com/
The cost is around 1200.00.

As for the skill level needed to assemble…. Yes, you could assemble the Woodsrunner with next to no cooking skills. You will need to drill out some pilot holes to fit pins to hold the barrel into the stock and to hold the ramrod pipes. This kit is the easiest to assemble of all of Kibler’s kits.

I plan on posting some pictures of my build with more information.

https://kiblerslongrifles.com/
The cost is around 1200.00.

As for the skill level needed to assemble…. Yes, you could assemble the Woodsrunner with next to no cooking skills. You will need to drill out some pilot holes to fit pins to hold the barrel into the stock and to hold the ramrod pipes. This kit is the easiest to assemble of all of Kibler’s kits.

I plan on posting some pictures of my build with more information.
ThanksBnewberry!

I have a .54 Colonial Kibler kit that I haven't built yet but was on the edge of ordering a Woodsrunner when they started taking orders. The only thing that stopped me was that I heard they may be doing a Hawken next or possibly a smoothbore fowler. I'd really like to see what kind of Hawken kit they could produce. I emailed to find out about the possibility of a Hawken kit being done and was put on a list. Probably a one name list just to make me feel better but if that is the next kit then that's the one I'll buy next.

I have a .54 Colonial Kibler kit that I haven't built yet but was on the edge of ordering a Woodsrunner when they started taking orders. The only thing that stopped me was that I heard they may be doing a Hawken next or possibly a smoothbore fowler. I'd really like to see what kind of Hawken kit they could produce. I emailed to find out about the possibility of a Hawken kit being done and was put on a list. Probably a one name list just to make me feel better but if that is the next kit then that's the one I'll buy next.

Personally I am hoping the fowler/trade gun is next.

My Woodsrunner is patiently awaiting for me to start assembling it. I get stitches out of my shoulder next week then the romancing and fondling will commence.
I’ve got a 32 caliber SMR I finished up the day I fell and tore both my shoulder’s rotator cuffs and biceps. It too is waiting it’s time also.

My Woodsrunner is patiently awaiting for me to start assembling it. I get stitches out of my shoulder next week then the romancing and fondling will commence.
I’ve got a 32 caliber SMR I finished up the day I fell and tore both my shoulder’s rotator cuffs and biceps. It too is waiting it’s time also.
Rotator cuf injuries totally suck, hope your healing goes well.

Ouch! I am in PT for a shoulder injury, avoiding surgery so far. I can’t imagine the pain and trials of double shoulder surgery! Get well and remember we love pictures.

Of the gun, not the stitches!

Rotator cuf injuries totally suck, hope your healing goes well.
Thank you for the well wishes.
I convinced myself I could got to my man cave and do some cutting canvas and sewing up a couple of haversack but not thinking when I reached for the scissors my arm and shoulder reminded me I’ve still got a ways to go with my recuperation process before even doing anything.

I know that if I ever bought another rifle it would be a Woodsrunner. #2 would be Kibler's SMR in .40.
Hanshi, you should be a salesman. I may be out nearly $1,500. Now, I just have to convence my wife it's a need. :)

New to the Flintlock/black powder scene. I'm intrigued by how much everyone is raving about Kibler Colonial/woodrunners. Besides Google, does anyone have the website? How much did yours cost, AND....can a guy who can barely boil water -assemble a kit (besides sanding and staining)? I want to use it only for target shooting, plinking. What calibur would you recommend? Thank you from the new kid on the block!
I watched a video last night that Jim Kibler did in Oct 22, right before they started shipping Woodsrunner kits…. Based on his description of the newer CNC equipment and process for making his kits, Woodsrunner ranks #1 for fit, finish and ease of assembly, and the older equipment used for producing the SMR ranks it number 2. I didn’t get a feel for the Colonial, but from what I’ve read in many, many forum posts, it would seem to rank equal to an SMR in out-of-the-box ease of assembly. The #2 rank just indicates a little more tweaking needed for the fit and finish to be spot on, but still miles ahead of other kits out there.

So, a Woodsrunner is top of the heap when it comes to ease of assembly. I don’t even have my SMR yet, but I’d also order a Woodsrunner today if it was offered in a .40 …

Have had several tears. Be careful of your repair. The last time I tore the left one it was not repairable. Now have a plastic shoulder replacement. Recovery and therapy were lengthy.

Yes, the Woodsrunner is by far the most precise and complete kit we offer. This translates into a very easy assembly and finish process. The SMR and Colonial are made on older equipment and take a bit more work to finish, but are still worlds better than any offerings by other companies.

As far as holes go, I wouldn't suggest drilling any out any bigger. We drill them the same size as the pins. If you find the pins to be too tight in the wood here are two easy fixes.

First just wax the pins. This usually makes a world of difference and is something I often do.

A final option is to just chuck your pins in a drill and polish them just a tiny bit with something like 400 grit paper.

The problem with drilling out holes is that you can very easily make them oversized, which becomes a problem.

Thanks everyone!
Jim

Back