• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Different calibers different bags

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Getting tired of switching everything out of a bag for different calibers so I'll be making more bags.
Made this one recently for my .32 cal.
Used what I had, hand stitched with a small pocket, then distressed a bit with a batch of black walnut hull dye.

Attachments

• IMG_20240105_134514621~2.jpg
    IMG_20240105_134514621~2.jpg
    586.5 KB · Views: 8
Historically ,each rifle was served by it's own shot pouch , so if push came to shove , when you grabbed your rifle , the pouch went with it. Just common sense. That's what all the old books say. When I used to build rifles , a pouch went with it containing , powder measure , r/r tips , utility horn , extra flint or so , patches , etc..

Historically ,each rifle was served by it's own shot pouch , so if push came to shove , when you grabbed your rifle , the pouch went with it. Just common sense. That's what all the old books say. When I used to build rifles , a pouch went with it containing , powder measure , r/r tips , utility horn , extra flint or so , patches , etc..
Yes and then you don’t end up at the range or hunting woods and find out you don’t have something .

Getting tired of switching everything out of a bag for different calibers so I'll be making more bags.
I think that's a great idea. I have a black powder "range kit" that serves everything from pistols to rifles and flintlocks to caplocks. It's easy to "grab and go" but invariably means I end up lugging along a lot of stuff I don't need if I'm only going to shoot one of my cap 'n ball revolvers or only one of my flintlock rifles.

I probably should get a couple more. I use a messenger type bag I got from Amazon I use for my shotgun when I use it for squirrel hunting as I use small jars from the craft store for "speed loaders", and they are kind of bulky. I use the same bag for my 32's and 50's, just pack it up accordingly. But a bag for each would make life easier.

Made this one recently for my .32 cal.
Used what I had, hand stitched with a small pocket, then distressed a bit with a batch of black walnut hull dye.
Yep. Good looking bag.

First bag, I bought.
Second bag, I bought and modified.
Third, fourth, fifth and sixth bags, I made.

Even though my 50 cal flintlocks are currently shooting the same load, 70 gr 3f under a 250 gr lee, I'm still a fan of each rifle (or in my case each barrel, I can swap out a 50 cal for a 40 or a 53 smooth bore) having it's own bag.

I have a bag for each caliber too. Saves a lot of hassle. I need to put wheels on my range box though as I tend to take anything I 'might' need during a day at the range. I have one 2f and one 3f powder horn that get shared. .32, .40, .45, .50, .54 and .75.

Life is good.
I was getting to the point of wheels on my range box also but after building my first ever trade gun and it coming with a nice smooth barrel I
figured out I didn’t need all the manure I had and down sized considerly .But you gotta start some where when you start out and don’t know didaly sqate that my excuse any way and I’m stricken to it lol.

Back