• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Custom Drop in Barrel for T/C Hawken

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

w_dexter

36 Cal.
Reaction score
I wanting to try a custom drop in barrel in my TC Hawken,I have tried GM and they are fine but I want to maybe try one in about the 36" range
(45 cal) made by another custom maker,I have the breechplug on hand,anyone ever have one of the custom barrel makers set one up for a TC Hawken?

Shouldn't be very hard to get. Track of the wolf will build one for you. If you use parts off your current barrel that will help with the over all cost. Cains outdoors will also build you a barrel. I think you will find a 36 inch barrel in 15/16" to be pretty heavy. A barrel in the lenght of 32 inches is long enough for me.

track of the wolf has a 38in long 40cal green mountain drop-in on their site. it's listed as in stock. for what it's worth and luck to ya friend, bubba.

Yup, like bubba say's Track is just one that will do the labor for ya but it can get quite involved when starting with a rifled blank. Track has their costs listed and their not out of line compared to just about anywhere. http://www.trackofthewolf.com/Categories/PartList.aspx?catID=15&subID=86&styleID=306
FWIW, they don't do the work at their shop. They have a contract smith. They ship out, then get it shipped back to them, then it goes back to you.

Let's see; install breech plug, cut sight dovetails, cut underlug dovetail, drill an tap for under-rail, or solder under-rail and thimbles,, :hmm: ,,that's about it.
So it's about $140-> just for labor,, then ya gotta buy the parts and pay for shipping.

That's why those premade drop in barrels are so high, it's actually a savings when ya put it all together because they mass produce'm.

Alot of guy's do some if not all the stuff themselves. It's a good idea to have the barrel breeched by a pro with a lathe and experiance but the rest is fairly easy if a feller is handy with basic tools.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks all.....remember I want a 45 cal thats 36" long...I have the 40 GM and its a good one but its getting to heavy for me,I also have the 32 inch in 45 and its good to I just want a 36 incher and want to try someone like colerain...etc

thegunworks.com has them for the t/c hawken 35" i know its not 36" but you limit yourself when you say drop in versus a complete custom barrel unless money is no option.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back