• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

What are your favorite Thompson Center (T/C) Percussion guns?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've owned several TC guns over the years but still have my favorites. Number one is a Cherokee with Douglas .40 round ball barrel. Second spot is tied between my new Englander 12 gauge and the renegade .56 SB. My latest TC acquisition is a short barrel New Englander "thumper" in .54. was gonna be my main deer gun this past season but, due to a situation beyond my control, I lost the whole hunting season so never got to use it. Hopefully will have a field report on it come November. But it feels great and comes to the shoulder like it was made for me.

My New Englander named "The Buck Stops Here" doing what it does best.

Attachments

• 20211106_053922.jpg
    20211106_053922.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 0
I have a PA Hunter arriving tomorrow in .50 cal, be my first PA rifle. Have owned several .50 Hawkens and still have one, an excellent shooter with nice wood. Had a couple of Cherokee and Seneca .45s, had two High Plains Sporters, never shot either but keeping the one I have now. Neat rifle that fits me very well.
Looking forward to getting the PA here tomorrow!

I have a PA Hunter arriving tomorrow in .50 cal, be my first PA rifle. Have owned several .50 Hawkens and still have one, an excellent shooter with nice wood. Had a couple of Cherokee and Seneca .45s, had two High Plains Sporters, never shot either but keeping the one I have now. Neat rifle that fits me very well.
Looking forward to getting the PA here tomorrow!
You ought to enjoy that PA Hunter, I love the ones I own, especially the carbine version.

I have a .50 caliber percussion Renegade with a Lyman 57SML rear sight. It shoots as straight as I can and has never malfunctioned. The set trigger is as good as any I've pulled.

My dad and uncle hunt with New Englanders that they bought new in the '70s.

Last edited:
Either the .32 Cherokee or the Renegade flintlock 58 that Bob Hoyt rebored from a 54 caliber rusted barrel.

I have owned and still own a number of TCs. My favorite might be one with a Davis trigger, a L&R lock, a Green Mountain barrel, Percatonica full stock, Hawken Shop conversion butt plate and trigger guard matched up with a TC tang, the only actual factory TC component on the gun. I’ve been told that makes it a TC…. my favorite, I guess. Though I have a nephew who has his eye on it.

My favorite might be one with a Davis trigger, a L&R lock, a Green Mountain barrel, Percatonica full stock, Hawken Shop conversion butt plate and trigger guard matched up with a TC tang, the only actual factory TC component on the gun. I’ve been told that makes it a TC

Reminds me of the guy who had 50 year old LL Bean gum boots, he had replaced the lowers 3 times and the uppers twice but they were still 50 years old.

Had a pristine 50 new englander, if it was a 54, id still have it. Early 54 renegade takes the win, with my 36 seneca in second.

Love my late-1980s T/C .50 Renegade. Added Williams FP Hawken peep sight, Lyman globe front sight and R.E. Davis Deerslayer double-set trigger. It’s a dream to shoot and more accurate than my 74-year-old eyes sometimes allow. It’s a PRB shooter.

Attachments

• IMG_2511.jpeg
    7.8 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:

Latest posts

Back