• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

What are your favorite Thompson Center (T/C) Percussion guns?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
What are your favorite Thompson Center (T/C) Muzzleloading percussion guns?

Mine are the Cherokee, Seneca, Pennsylvania Hunter and the Patriot Pistol. All fine shooters and fit me very good. I have a Hawken and others but these are the "best" in my opinion..

My Renegade with the 54cal Hawken barrel on it. If the Renegade had about inch of pull length and about a 32 inch barrel it would be about perfect in my eye.

Well that would be my TC (Unmentionable one that makes barrel swapping easy with a 26" 45 cal Bergara Barrel). But if we are talking sidelocks Hawken is what I learned on and killed me first deer with many many and a few more moons ago.

AC020A65-6571-428A-ABD4-375C22E0C014.jpeg
34234BEE-B344-4B43-9FD5-2F0F7E3544E5.jpeg
Top pic is the Thompson Center Hawken. Bottom pic is the ‘Rawken’, which is a Renegade with a .50 caliber Hawken barrel. They are not exactly like an original Hawken, but I still like them. I like the Hollywood mountain man/Jeremiah Johnson kind of stuff.

I really liked my 50cal White Mountain Carbine. Was such a light and nice looking gun. I just wish it had set triggers and some brass like the Hawkens do, I love how they look. I am also partial to the TC Cougar, almost bought one (special edition Hawken with staineless steel instead of brass)

I really like 45 caliber in general and thinking my next TC purchase would be a Hawken but I also like staying true to the 50 caliber as in "Jerimiah Johnson" :cool:

And then there is the Seneca and Cherokee... I am also in the market for a 36 (or smaller) caliber rifle for small game hunting due to state regulations, and was hoping to get a TC Cherokee in 36 cal, mostly due to it being a bit shorter length barrel than the Seneca, and I've always been partial to carbines

Maybe a 36cal TC Cherokee, a 50cal TC Hawken, and possibly 45 Seneca would be a nice compromise! :thumb:

TC WMC2.jpg

TC WMC1.jpg

Last edited:
I would like to find a T/C Scout carbine someday. I think that's an interesting little rifle.
Same here. I think they look awesome, just like a nice lever action rifle (If I am thinking of the same one)

I am not sure if they are allowed on this forum though, I've seen a few over on the modern ML forum though, and other places cheap around $150

I really liked my 50cal White Mountain Carbine. Was such a light and nice looking gun. I just wish it had set triggers and some brass like the Hawkens do, I love how they look. I am also partial to the TC Cougar, almost bought one (special edition Hawken with staineless steel instead of brass)

I really like 45 caliber in general and thinking my next TC purchase would be a Hawken but I also like staying true to the 50 caliber as in "Jerimiah Johnson" :cool:

And then there is the Seneca and Cherokee... I am also in the market for a 36 (or smaller) caliber rifle for small game hunting due to state regulations, and was hoping to get a TC Cherokee in 36 cal, mostly due to it being a bit shorter length barrel than the Seneca, and I've always been partial to carbines

Maybe a 36cal TC Cherokee, a 50cal TC Hawken, and possibly 45 Seneca would be a nice compromise! :thumb:

View attachment 305794
View attachment 305793

No help on the set triggers but, get a single trigger from a Cherokee and wedge escutcheons & thimble from a Hawken and brass'er right up. And if ya could do without that thin rubber butt pad, a brass Scout butt plate would complete the deal.

Same here. I think they look awesome, just like a nice lever action rifle (If I am thinking of the same one)

I am not sure if they are allowed on this forum though, I've seen a few over on the modern ML forum though, and other places cheap around $150
Not sure why they wouldn't be? I looked for one on gunchoker a while back, "no results found".

Back