• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Latest find

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Just thought I'd show my latest acquistion. I'm guessing it was a custom build from a kit . Don't know if anyone can identify from where the kit might have been from? Anyhow, there is no maker's name just the letters AN on top of the barrel by the 50 cal stamping. On the bottom side is the Green Mountain Barrel trademark. It is 33" long, 1 inch across the flats, 8 groove, flat bottom rifling and I believe 1:70 twist. The bore is spotless. Has an L&R lock and double set triggers that function great and browned steel furniture
. The lock internals basically show no wear. Picked it up at auction for $250.00 because basically no one was bidding. It was listed as unknown Hawken style muzzleloader so I guess no one wanted to take a chance. It is well put together. Just need some warm weather and dig out the 50 cal balls!

Attachments

• IMG_6426.jpeg
    IMG_6426.jpeg
    4.5 MB · Views: 2
  • IMG_6427.jpeg
    IMG_6427.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_6428.jpeg
    IMG_6428.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_6429.jpeg
    IMG_6429.jpeg
    3.1 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_6430.jpeg
    IMG_6430.jpeg
    3.3 MB · Views: 0
Wow! What a steal, congratulations. Let us know how it shoots. $250, I just looked at an online auction for a Springfield Hawken (Spain). The bid was $331 with something like 4 days until close. Sounds like a special find. I hope it turns out to be a great gun for you, everyone deserves a sweet deal once in a while.

Wow! What a steal, congratulations. Let us know how it shoots. $250, I just looked at an online auction for a Springfield Hawken (Spain). The bid was $331 with something like 4 days until close. Sounds like a special find. I hope it turns out to be a great gun for you, everyone deserves a sweet deal once in a while.
Yeah, there's been a few for sale here where the seller's are asking $1200-$1600.00 for guns like this. Of course who knows if they ever sell them at that price. Anyhow, I figured this one was worth far more than $250.00. Speaking of which, I have another on the way today that was also $250.00. The seller says the bore is like a new gun, actually over all he says it looks fantastic so I shall see when it arrives next week.

Latest posts

Back