• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Convert TC .50 flint to .58 flint

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a green mountain in 54 caliber in a 15/16 barrel. I don’t know if a 58 would bore into 15/16. I think Hawkens came 15/16 and renegades 1 inch.

Can I get a bolt on .58 flint barrel for my Thompson Center flint .50?
Thanks Bruce
Bobby Hoyt has bored out some 1” TC barrels to 58 caliber rifled for me. At the time he said could go to 60 caliber smoothbore. Limiting factor was the depth of the screws. TC back in the day made 58 caliber ‘Big Bore’. It used a 1” barrel 26” long.

Cabela's once sold Interarms made rifles with 15/16th barrels and 58 caliber. They were rated for a maximum charge of 110 grains. Those who reported on them here liked them. I have one. The hole in the end of the barrel locks like the entrance to Carlsbad Cavern. If you could find a barrel a 58 conversion would be really easy.

Cabela's once sold Interarms made rifles with 15/16th barrels and 58 caliber. They were rated for a maximum charge of 110 grains. Those who reported on them here liked them. I have one. The hole in the end of the barrel locks like the entrance to Carlsbad Cavern. If you could find a barrel a 58 conversion would be really easy.
Thank You!

Back