• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Colonial era handgun

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brian Gibbs

40 Cal
Reaction score
So….I would like to acquire a flintlock, smoothbore pistol. Probably one In the .62 caliber range.
I’m being lazy and thought I would reach out here for suggestions instead of doing the research myself. Kinda pathetic, huh?
anyway, new to the handgun thing. Any help appreciated!

So….I would like to acquire a flintlock, smoothbore pistol. Probably one In the .62 caliber range.
I’m being lazy and thought I would reach out here for suggestions instead of doing the research myself. Kinda pathetic, huh?
I have a .62 Smoothbore I built that is for sale in this forum. Here is a picture but you can see the listing here:
FOR SALE - Smoothbore Pistol, .62 Cal.

Attachments

• IMG_0697.jpeg
    IMG_0697.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Save your dollars and buy a quality well made pistol. You will be happier with it and if you want to sell it you will get more $$$ for it .

If you want an Indian made gun, deal with loyalist arms in Canada. They seem to back up their products.

I too for Loyalist Arms, great people, done business with them for many years now;
- Custom Shoes (I was on their very first attempt, shoes still going strong after all these years)
- Light Dragoon (first flintlock pistol I ever bought, Still shooting!)
- Early Naval Sea Musket (still shooting)
- Dutch doglock Blunderbuss (still shooting!)

OK since your lazy I’ll try to explain.

Pathfinder’s pistol is Fan-Freaking-Tastic!!!
It’s based off a Ketland Trade but with some Georgian embellishments.

A Pedersoli Kentucky is 850 bucks on Midway.
The Pedersoli is decent but it’s not in same league as a gun like Pathfinders
You are not going to find any better for the price.
It’s a wonderful Colonial/Federal era piece.
It’s an 🍎 apple.

The India Guns mentioned are......
Plastic oranges. They are not even real fruit but cheap imitations of fruit.

A real apple vs a plastic orange....
I can’t explain it better than that.

Back