• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Charleville ramrod?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pepperbelly

45 Cal.
Reaction score
I was looking at the musket I found, and I have a question about the ramrod.
The rod is steel with a tulip-shaped ball seater. The other end is threaded. Threaded for what? Does it take the regular muzzleloader rod ends?
If so, what size and where would I find them?
This Pedersoli is not new and has no paperwork or manual.
It seems that there aren't a lot of .69 caliber smoothbore accessories available. Don't they take the same as any other muzzleloader?

Jim

It's probably a metric thread. There isn't much made in the US that will fit it. On my Pedersoli Bess we wound up rethreading the ramrod and the tips to fit the same thread.

Many Klatch

Your military ramrod is threaded for a male 10X32 worm for removing wadding and cleaning with tow or rags as originally done. .69 caliber cleaning and loading items will also have male threads in 10X32 or 8X32 threads and you'll need to get a cleaning rod with them form Dixie, Track or any of the muxxleloading outfitters. Good luck.

Latest posts

Back