• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Replacement threaded ramrods (Traditions Kentucky Rifle)

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
So I'm waiting on a range rod to come in the mail so I have a multi-purpose tool rather than the screw-together cleaning rod I have for cleaning, but then I got to thinking; Why don't I just replace my ramrod with something threaded so I don't have to bring something extra along? The less junk I have to lug around the better, and a more functional on-board ramrod would be appreciated.

Anyone found a nice wooden ramrod that would clip securely into the Traditions Kentucky Rifle, which is also threaded? I found THIS rod, which seems to fit the bill, but being fiberglass is a bit of a turn off. Even though it's probably superior to wood, and I'm not exactly going for historical authenticity quite yet. But I guess I'm a sucker for aesthetics still.

So I'm waiting on a range rod to come in the mail so I have a multi-purpose tool rather than the screw-together cleaning rod I have for cleaning, but then I got to thinking; Why don't I just replace my ramrod with something threaded so I don't have to bring something extra along? The less junk I have to lug around the better, and a more functional on-board ramrod would be appreciated.

Anyone found a nice wooden ramrod that would clip securely into the Traditions Kentucky Rifle, which is also threaded? I found THIS rod, which seems to fit the bill, but being fiberglass is a bit of a turn off. Even though it's probably superior to wood, and I'm not exactly going for historical authenticity quite yet. But I guess I'm a sucker for aesthetics still.
There's new wooden ramrods, wooden cut to fit rods to make up ramrods, and different ends available. That includes different sizes and attachment ends, adapter ends, as well as different diameter rods. You can choose the thread sizes you like, as well as a limited wood type of rod.

TOTW has a fairly nice selection.

However, for range work a range rod is still a good idea, especially if conical(s) are to be loaded. I use a range rod for my .50's and .54 but use the hickory ramrod I built up for my .32 caliber.

Last edited:
Buy a ramrod blank the right size, be forewarned that they are all diameter oversized and won't fit your pipes until you sand them down a bit, I chuck them up in a drill to sand them down. Adding the treaded tip to the ramrod isn't hard but does take a game plan, there are probably videos on you tube about doing this step.

As was said you can get a ready-made from TOW, it may need a little sanding to size but the tips will be installed.

This will give you an idea of what is available.

https://www.trackofthewolf.com/List/Item.aspx/831/1

Latest posts

Back