• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Parker Hale Enfield Tamping Rod Cleaning Attachments

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
It seems that the mysterious thread pitch on the “British” made Enfield P53/P58 tamping rods has been limited to the few Sergeants tool accessories such as the worm and ball puller.
What other cleaning aids would the community of Enfield enthusiasts like to see come available for attaching to the threaded end of the tamping rod?
I’ve given consideration to making a threaded adapter that is threaded to attach to the “British Thread” end of the rod & then tap the opposite end out to accommodate what ever size of modern cleaning attachments needed.

Just leave the steel rod for loading. Get yourself a good musket cleaning rod from " S & S firearms" in NYC. They are available in 2 band, or 3 band, lenghts, and are a very sturdy rod to clean with. You will not regret it.
S & S has lots of accessories for the rods also.
While your at it, Get a brass loading rod. That will be nicer on your rifling while loading.

Also, I see you are in Virginia. That is prime N-SSA territory. You might try looking up Musket info on they're Bulletin Board. Or even join one of they're CW Units.

Dave

It seems that the mysterious thread pitch on the “British” made Enfield P53/P58 tamping rods has been limited to the few Sergeants tool accessories such as the worm and ball puller.
What other cleaning aids would the community of Enfield enthusiasts like to see come available for attaching to the threaded end of the tamping rod?
I’ve given consideration to making a threaded adapter that is threaded to attach to the “British Thread” end of the rod & then tap the opposite end out to accommodate what ever size of modern cleaning attachments needed.
real Enfield rifles (and Parker Hale copies) have the same thread on their ramrods as modern Parker Hale attachments. As do Martini Henry clearing rods.

Latest posts

Back