• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Caps and Powder

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
So read an article the other day about a powder shortage. Where is everyone getting there powder? And caps. I have some but they seems hard to find these days?
Adam

Just received some more Swiss 3F from Graf & Sons earlier this week. Looked like most powders were in stock but I didn’t check them all. However, the price for Swiss had gone up $5 a pound since my last order.

But yes, check with Graf or Powder Inc.

Primers will be hit and miss for sure. But you can make your own.

I think "Track of the wolf" still had some. Can't remember the brand name
Isn't TOW the place where you have to have a minimum order of 25lbs?

At PowderInc, I did mix and match to get better pricing for 10lbs, but even that was a lot for me.

In Europe, I had to meet some guy in a restaurant parking lot to buy two kilos of Swiss BP. Actually, he was being very helpful, otherwise we would both have had to drive an hour further to his club shop in Prague - a beautiful city but far worse than Bangkok or Manila for driving.

So read an article the other day about a powder shortage. Where is everyone getting there powder? And caps. I have some but they seems hard to find these days?
Adam
Just a short look at your posting history shows that you are current, and no stranger to shortages.
So ya, it has been tough locally for a long time, but it has improved near my tree
How is it where your at?.

Just a short look at your posting history shows that you are current, and no stranger to shortages.
So ya, it has been tough locally for a long time, but it has improved near my tree
How is it where your at?.
Well I ordered some powder from Buffalo Arms, none near me anywhere. Caps you can forget it.

This is from Powder Valleys web site. They got a restock of BP in early Jan., Shuetzen 3F sold out in about a week and Swiss is gone or almost gone. Goex is still in stock for $28 along with Shuetzen 2F for $23. I know Hodgen is raising their prices no sure about the European black powder. Carry on.
mail

Latest posts

Back