• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Caps and Powder

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Swiss is hovering right at $40 a pound now, at least it is at Graf. And that’s before HZM & shipping.
Powder Valley had Swiss for $34 before fees. Sometime last year they had Shuetzen on sale for $21 a pound and I bite the bullet and stocked up, glad I did it. I'm afraid these annual price increases will become the norm. :(

Powder Valley had Swiss for $34 before fees. Sometime last year they had Shuetzen on sale for $21 a pound and I bite the bullet and stocked up, glad I did it. I'm afraid these annual price increases will become the norm. :(
Dang! I should have shopped around more. But yes, don't see the prices going down anytime soon.

I was at the Black Creek gun shop at Fort Shenandoah to see some of the N-SSA match today as I am thinking of getting involved with that group.
He seemed well stocked:
Goex FFFg, $20 per pound.
Schuetzen Musket caps, $8 per hundred
RWS pistol caps, $26 for a 250 round tin/plastic.

Closer to home I got four 100 ct. tins of CCI musket caps for $10 per tin at the Richmond Va. Cabelas, no luck finding pistol caps locally.

I'm fortunate to have a muzzleloader shop near me that stays pretty well stocked.
I picked up RWS caps but they were expensive. $45/250
Schuetzen 2f was $28

I'm new and was just happy to find what I needed in stock.
I'll definitely be on the lookout at Wally World for caps from now on.
When deer season ends, they usually mark things down significantly.

I'm fortunate to have a muzzleloader shop near me that stays pretty well stocked.
I picked up RWS caps but they were expensive. $45/250
Schuetzen 2f was $28

I'm new and was just happy to find what I needed in stock.
I'll definitely be on the lookout at Wally World for caps from now on.
When deer season ends, they usually mark things down significantly.
Around here there's not much left to mark down at the end of season. Maybe some jags or speedloaders. Caps are gone well before season even starts,

Current price list from last week . Plenty of 15.00 dollar a tin cci caps as well. Honestly it's the same or more expensive than smokeless brass per shot.

Attachments

• 20240104_164428.jpg
    20240104_164428.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
According to an email I got from Powder valley, all their powder prices are going up after today. I bought a few pounds last month from them so I am good for a while.
Ohio Rusty ><>

Was at a conference in Iowa over the weekend. On the way home we stopped at Scheels in Iowa City, primarily to look for CCI #11 caps and .50 round balls. They had the balls for $12.99/100 which was better price than online, so I bought two. I also picked up another pound of Triple Seven at $38.99. Wasn't sure if that was a good price but I bought it anyway. They had musket caps, but no #11.

Later we were back into IL and at the last moment I decided to stop at Bass Pro in Peoria, not expecting to find anything. They only had a very small selection of BP accessories, no round ball at all (I was also looking for .54 which Scheels did not have either). They had powder for same price as Scheels. BUT...they had #11 caps! Five packages on the peg. I almost bought all of them, but settled for three leaving a couple for someone else. Price was $14.99 each compared to $9.99 I paid about a year ago for the only can I had found in over a year. Still better than the online prices I have seen, if they are even in stock.

I am a happy shooter! :)

Attachments

• 0115240903.jpg
    0115240903.jpg
    238.6 KB · Views: 0
if someone doesn't have any powder and cannot get any in their local area , Midway USA does have RS and triple f pyridex.
I know there's the hazmat fee but you got to pay to get what you need.
The Sceel's over in Minot North Dakota the town where that big nuke base is at had a heap of black powder substitute about a month ago or 6 weeks when I was in there but they had no caps.

Isn't TOW the place where you have to have a minimum order of 25lbs?

At PowderInc, I did mix and match to get better pricing for 10lbs, but even that was a lot for me.

In Europe, I had to meet some guy in a restaurant parking lot to buy two kilos of Swiss BP. Actually, he was being very helpful, otherwise we would both have had to drive an hour further to his club shop in Prague - a beautiful city but far worse than Bangkok or Manila for driving.
I just check and you're correct! 25 pounds minimum.

Well I ordered some powder from Buffalo Arms, none near me anywhere. Caps you can forget it.
I managed to get 8 tins at Walmart near me few months back after not seeing any for a year. We are not fortunate in our area.

A guy in our club says theres a guy near marksville that sells powder but I cant remember the name of his business

I got some 777 at Walmart a few days ago for under $10 a bottle. Hunting season just ended here, so they're just trying to dump it all. It looks like they found a case in the back, because there was only one box of powder cans left, and they were in the wrong section.

Earlier this year they had cci caps for under $5 a container too.

Their stock can vary day by day.

Latest posts

Back