• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Aquisition of black powder

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Go to the AZwins web site and get in contact with Bill. There are muzzleloaders that shoot at the Ben Avery, plus a bunch that shoot black at the range over in Mesa, Yuma and Tucson, and Flaggstaff.
If you can't find powder local, then ordering from Powder Inc, Grafs, Powder Valley, Coonies, or Bear River powder are all good options.
Sort of get the giggles and grins when I see folks whining about the hazmat fee, cuz they are evidently letting their women folk take care of gassing up the tin lizzy and don't realize just how far you can or can't drive on 23 dollars worth of gas....

I am not sure that it is the Federal storage requirements. My belief is that it falls more to state and local storage requirements that cause dealers to not want to worry about it. State inspectors come around more frequently than the feds.

What is the “reenactor” powder? For cannons? GRAF CLASSIC BLACK POWDER REENACTOR 1LB 25/CS - Graf & Sons
The reenactor powder is a powder made to a lower cost point to be used in blank cartridges for reenactors. It does foul a lot more than the better grade and more expensive powder for rifles, shotguns or pistols. It is not necessarily as consistent in performance as the other graded powders. We do use Reenactor Grade powder in my unit for blank cartridges and live rounds. Our accuracy is such that we gain little benefit from a more expensive powder. It can be used for cannons.

Problem is local stores won’t stock BP because they don’t have the correct storage facilities to meet federal requirements! Why people buy Pyro junk!!
Ha Ha That Pyro junk has put a lot of meat in my freezer and I bet quite a bit in other peoples freezers too.

Latest posts

Back