• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

By request, Loooong range shoot...

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not sure my wife would let me get by with that prescription. I'll take it under advisement. :bow:

Many Klatch

I joined that Milan Range 4 years ago because they did have some black powder activity shoots, but I found out that I could not use cross sticks shooting the long range. They told me it was not safe that the shot might go too far to the left and hit someone on the short 100 yard range. thought that was strange, they let the high power shooters shoot prone unsupported that lets the muzzle to travel to the far left for a right handed shooter when he brings the rifle into position. When you are sitting with a long rifle on cross sticks that rifle is locked in pointing down range better than than the high power shooters getting into position standing, sitting or prone. Never could understand their reasoning on this.
I never went back.

I think these "Forum" shoots are a great idea, be they long range or short range. Most of us dont have a long range past 100 yards and not to many shooting the long rifle matches at the local clubs

I'll tell you what if Jethro puts another one of these on I may drive up to Friendship and shoot with Jesse and Manyklatch!

I have never been to Friendship but it's on my list.
I had a friend Myron "Jack" Carlson that passed on a few years ago that got me building the Hawken and he always wanted me to go with him, but somehow I never found the time.

Grizz, you are always welcome. The match is on. We have a full year to do it.

Many Klatch

I am still planning to shoot this match at the Spring Shoot in June. Currently I am thinking of Monday late afternoon. I will contact Mike Yazel about it at the long range committee BOD member.

Latest posts

Back