• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

By request, Loooong range shoot...

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think this would be worth a try just for the learning curve if nothing else. I wouldn't try to officially compete.

All I have right now are heavy barrel bench guns 14# and peep sights. I would need a scope to see a target at 400 yards :rotf:

OOOOOH!!! I see its been extended. Wish I'd have seen this earlier! No matter havent made it to the range again yet, but there is a GOOD chance I will before the end of the year. If I do Im going to try the 200 yard shoot just for kicks! (I can see that far, prooved it to myself I did!)

Jethro, how many Loooong range targets have been submitted? I'm just wondering how Lazarus's and my scores have held up.

We never did manage to get back to the range to fire a second target.

Many Klatch

Been cold, and windy here in SW PA.... This one is more of a warm weather shoot IMHO... Not one to try to get in while chasing bambi's in fading light. When I haven't been at work I've been in an ice rink... still hoping to get out and do this one....

Hey Lazarus, we got first and second place! :rotf:

Jethro, is there a plaque or a trophy to go with this great honor? :blah:

Many Klatch

Don't be jumpin' the gun now. There's still a few days left somebody else COULD go shootin'.

It ain't over 'til it's over. :wink:

Jethro, is there a plaque or a trophy to go with this great honor?

:hmm: Depends if you saved your target...

Jethro224 said:
This one is more of a warm weather shoot IMHO...

Welllll.... it started August 2...
Just sayin'... :wink:

Yes sir... That was the start of my season and I was getting back on the ice after knee surgery and a 5 month layoff. I didn't visit here again until stuff slowed a bit.... I missed seeing it. My loss....

What sucks is that I broke my leg and messed up my ankle this morning so I'm back on IR for a while...

Jethro. Shooting this target was a lot of fun. I recommend that you have another Looooong range target contest for next year. Let it run for the whole 12 months. Maybe we can get a few more contestants.

Lazarus and I will probably be shooting this target again whether there is a contest or not. :thumbsup:

Many Klatch

Hockeyref said:
What sucks is that I broke my leg and messed up my ankle this morning so I'm back on IR for a while...

That does suck! Best wishes for a easy and full recovery.

Many Klatch wins the 400 yard shoot by a landslide with 3 hits at 400 yards. Actually I think it was a bit farther than 400...
Lazarus placed 2nd with 1 hit.
Nobody else sent in a score. :idunno:

I humbly accept this great honor and I want to thank the little people that helped me along the way. :rotf: :blah:

Many Klatch

Many,Many,Many, :bow: :bow: :bow: Good Shootin' . All I got to say is it's a good thing I can't see that far..... or I could have totally embarrassed myself. :surrender:

OOOPS! I forgot to mention MDK-WV shot a 200 yard target with 6 hits. He was the only 200 yard competitor.
Sorry, lost it in the shuffle.

Congrats to Many Klatch, Lazarus and MDK-WV! Good job.:hatsoff: Since I moved last year I don't have a range closer than 30+ miles. I've been trying to get a club with more than 100 yds. :idunno: I'm going to my induction meeting to one that finally had openings. Although 200 yds is it's longest, it'll will do.:applause: My time restraints have also lessened so that I may now be able to participate.
:bow:If you guys really need some plaque to make your day. You can git it by drinkin cool black coffee and not brush yer teeth (whatever you may have there) fer a week. Breath through the mouth also helps harden the finish quicker which kin be skrimmed with '2 or 400 space yd' on the upper 6 centered teeth and on the bottom 6 centers, if there, you can skrim 'CHAMP!':hmm: Smile champs! :wink: You're put on....:rotf::rotf:

Back