• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Buck Fever

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
okawbow said:
I've taken over 50 deer, including some "book" sized bucks, and rarely got excited until after the shot. However, I have got the shakes bad before, when a small doe was headed my way, and I was sure I would finally get a shot after a slow season.

I was worried I would have a heart atack! You just never know when it will strike.

Thats me right there. This is a first in 45 years hunting. When the second buck was coming in I was OK but alas, his nose, my smell and the swirling wind combined to save his lil whitetailed arse! :haha:

No buck fever here!

This is a proud young friend I've been mentoring and his first muzzleloader buck. Nice young Sitka blacktail, though it's bigger than it looks. Bud is 6'8" and pushing 300, which tends to shrink any buck! :grin:

He hunted hard for 6 days, getting spoofed by all bucks and passing up does. Finally saw this one at over 200 yards, stalked to about 100, then made a quick doe call when the buck heard him yet couldn't quite see him. Bud shot him at less than 50 yards "in self-defense" as it charged right in on him. Gun was the 54 cal TC New Englander I gave him and 80 grains of 3f under a PRB.

Cool Hand Luke for the shot, but was shaking so bad afterward that he couldn't hold the knife! :rotf:

I have taken around 200 deer, some very nice ones as well as does). I have always felt sorry for each one which fell (the same for other game also)and was grateful also for the bounty.

Geez Brownbear that deer looks exactly like a lil mulie here in AZ!

I'm same as yer bud, get overly excited when an animal is down. This year is my first taste of "the fever" and I dont like it one bit :shake:

Latest posts

Back