• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Brown Bess kit

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
At one time, Track of the Wolf had a line of advanced projects kits that were based on Rifle Shoppe parts. That included the Brown Bess kit. I know that when I built my Harper's Ferry 1803, the parts came from the Rifle Shoppe. My lock was assembled by the Rifle Shoppe and the rest of the parts came from Track.

Over time, Track established its own line of advanced kits. I am not sure who is the source for the parts. I do believe that the Track of the Wolf's parts set for the Long Land Pattern is a reasonably good set of parts. As with all parts sets for any specific firearm, expect to do a lot of work to get the final result to be an accurate and correct to pattern version of the desired firearm. Any kit builder will need to have a lot of source material to make the necessary adjustments to the kit. Not exactly a first time builder's recommended build.

Here is a Nicholson East India Company Bess dated 1779 that was owned by my 7th generation Grandfather who was Sgt Seth Brooks of the Acton Mass Minutemen. He was at the Concord bridge April 19, 1775. Obviously not with this particular musket which was made 4 years later. And another EIC Bess also 1779 this one Griffin & Tow once owned by Samuel Farrar which is unconverted. Both are still in my family. The bayonet is also dated 1779. There have been a lot of East India Company muskets from Massachusetts that have turned up, all dated 1779 and it's believed they came from a captured trading ship that was taken that year. The provenance on these 2 is set in stone. They have been handed down in my family for 7 generations.
View attachment 107205View attachment 107204View attachment 107203
That is so cool. Topped off by the interesting family connection. Thanks!

Back