• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Be Careful with Italian Firearms Group

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AmosM223

32 Cal
Reaction score
6 months ago or so, I ordered a P1853 Enfield from the Italian Firearms Group. I put down a hefty deposit and was told there was no ETA, which at the time, I was fine with. Fast forward to today and I called to cancel the order due to some upcoming financial burdens. They informed me that I'd only be getting about $70 back due to "restocking fees". I asked if the gun had been received and was told no, they still had no ETA, they don't even know if production of the Enfields had even started. It's their policy to charge the restocking fee when cancelling an order regardless of their actual inventory. So learn from my costly mistake and just be mindful and understand all their policies before you buy from them.

Without knowing what the Hefty Deposit is we can't gage whether or not you got the short end of the stick.

Restocking is generally 20 to 25 percent.

What percentage was their restocking fee?

I believe a quick call to your consumer fraud division in NJ will result in a different outcome it you can get them engaged.

Most of those attorneys see this type of thing as low hanging fruit. I have had great success doing this.

Last edited:
6 months ago or so, I ordered a P1853 Enfield from the Italian Firearms Group. I put down a hefty deposit and was told there was no ETA, which at the time, I was fine with. Fast forward to today and I called to cancel the order due to some upcoming financial burdens. They informed me that I'd only be getting about $70 back due to "restocking fees". I asked if the gun had been received and was told no, they still had no ETA, they don't even know if production of the Enfields had even started. It's their policy to charge the restocking fee when cancelling an order regardless of their actual inventory. So learn from my costly mistake and just be mindful and understand all their policies before you buy from them.
Being a dealer for IFG, we understand your frustration, however they are very clear about special orders. All special orders are non refundable and non returnable except for factory defects. I would like to know who you spoke with ? Perhaps we can rectify your situation ?

And just FYI, they are reputable good people we have a personal relationship with them and we are only 45 minutes from the corporate office and warehouse.

Being a dealer for IFG, we understand your frustration, however they are very clear about special orders. All special orders are non refundable and non returnable except for factory defects. I would like to know who you spoke with ? Perhaps we can rectify your situation ?
I appreciate the help but I'm over it now. Everyone I spoke with was very polite, and I'm by no means bashing them. They have their policy, and they stuck to it no matter what, and I can't fault them for that. I guess I was just under the assumption that it was not a special order, and that I was just ordering an item that they routinely import and stock for sale/distribution. Like I said, moral of the story is to just make sure you completely understand the fine print before ordering something, from anyone for that matter. I apparently did not!

Latest posts

Back