• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Percussion Caps

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Every one of those sites are scams.

That's funny.

I worked in Financial Services on Zelle (was Zashpay when at Fiserv internally).

Cash App, PP F&F (keeps them from getting a fee), Zelle (email cash to people) and others from reputable sources are perfectly fine.

Now, they may take your cash and not send you the merchandise, but that has been happening with plain 'ol cash and check since the dawn of time.

You may not like them, but those services are perfectly reputable. I use them all the time. Just sayin'.

The financial services may be reputable but in many of these offerings for percussion caps, blackpowder and some gun sales, the sellers are not as @Southern Bamboo states. Many of those services have no recourse to recover the funds if the seller does not live up to the offering.

Percussion caps maker tool could be a good alternative, but ( in my opinion ) only if we can produce the priming compound by ourselves to avoid to purchase it from the store.

I just recieved the #10 and #11 percussion cap makers with the Prime-All priming compound from www.22lrreloader.com

The percussion cap makers were $50.00 each and the priming compound was $20.00 with enough chemical for 2000 percussion caps. I have not used them yet, but the YouTube videos were good reviews and the online journals were good also.

Part of the problem when caps become available is going to be mass panic buying which will cause even more of shortages. It will be a long time before if ever things return to what it was like in years past.

It has been reported that Remington will have caps available soon, there are no reports from CCI on when.

Other than Remington and CCI, there are no U.S. caps manufactured.

It would be useful to know the formula of the compound to be completely independent from the market....and make percussion caps at home....
You beat me to it. I am interested also.

I just opened up the package of prime all priming compound and read the instructions and it did not give the names of the chemicals used.

Part of the problem when caps become available is going to be mass panic buying which will cause even more of shortages. It will be a long time before if ever things return to what it was like in years past.

It has been reported that Remington will have caps available soon, there are no reports from CCI on when.

Other than Remington and CCI, there are no U.S. caps manufactured.
The guys who reload modern ammo also have problems getting primers, (AKA; caps) and other loading stuff. At least flint is going to be around another few million years!:)

Back