• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Ballistol

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have never seen it or heard of it until I joined this forum. Can someone please tell me why Everyone likes it so much.
I HAVE NOT USED ANYTHING ELSE FOR SOME 50 YEARS NOW. IT IS THE BEST ALL PURPOSE FIREARM CLEANER, LUBRICATOR, PRESERVATOR, THAT IS ALSO GREAT ON WOOD STOCKS, SYNTHETIC STOCKS, ALL METAL BESIDES CARBON STEEL, STAINLESS AS WELL AS BRASS. CONDITIONS AND PRESERVES ALL SMOOTH LEATHER. GOOD ON RUBBER, PLASTIC AND EVEN ON MY BLACK RAMPANT COLT/EAGLE STOCKS ATTACHED TO MY COLT SAA 7 1/2 BBL. BESIDES FIREARMS, I HAVE FOUND A 1,000 USES AROUND YARD AND HOME. BALLISTOL IS NUMERO UNO IN THE CAMP OF US OLDTIMERS.

I HAVE NOT USED ANYTHING ELSE FOR SOME 50 YEARS NOW. IT IS THE BEST ALL PURPOSE FIREARM CLEANER, LUBRICATOR, PRESERVATOR, THAT IS ALSO GREAT ON WOOD STOCKS, SYNTHETIC STOCKS, ALL METAL BESIDES CARBON STEEL, STAINLESS AS WELL AS BRASS. CONDITIONS AND PRESERVES ALL SMOOTH LEATHER. GOOD ON RUBBER, PLASTIC AND EVEN ON MY BLACK RAMPANT COLT/EAGLE STOCKS ATTACHED TO MY COLT SAA 7 1/2 BBL. BESIDES FIREARMS, I HAVE FOUND A 1,000 USES AROUND YARD AND HOME. BALLISTOL IS NUMERO UNO IN THE CAMP OF US OLDTIMERS
Your keyboard is out of order? :oops:

I have never seen it in a store
That has been my experience here in Ca.
Several years ago I ordered on line.
Try a shooting range. there is one near me blackpowder and MZL friendly that has it prominently displayed. The only place I have ever seen it.
Growing up with hunters in 40s 50s and never heard ofit , odd since it has been around for so long.
I wonder where in U.S. most of it is sold/ used ?

Blitz

Ballistol smells really bad. Everyone buys it once. Tries it once, finds it stinks up the house so bad that Ballistol is never opened again. Soiled cleaning patches must be bagged and removed from the house. 3 days later you throughly clean the gun again to remove that foul smelling oil to stop the house from stinking of Ballistol.
If your nose blind go for it.
Need mydol much?

I HAVE NOT USED ANYTHING ELSE FOR SOME 50 YEARS NOW. IT IS THE BEST ALL PURPOSE FIREARM CLEANER, LUBRICATOR, PRESERVATOR, THAT IS ALSO GREAT ON WOOD STOCKS, SYNTHETIC STOCKS, ALL METAL BESIDES CARBON STEEL, STAINLESS AS WELL AS BRASS. CONDITIONS AND PRESERVES ALL SMOOTH LEATHER. GOOD ON RUBBER, PLASTIC AND EVEN ON MY BLACK RAMPANT COLT/EAGLE STOCKS ATTACHED TO MY COLT SAA 7 1/2 BBL. BESIDES FIREARMS, I HAVE FOUND A 1,000 USES AROUND YARD AND HOME. BALLISTOL IS NUMERO UNO IN THE CAMP OF US OLDTIMERS.
Yep. How about not all in caps. That’s considered yelling. Also makes your long post hard to read. Just a thought.

Ballistol smells really bad. Everyone buys it once. Tries it once, finds it stinks up the house so bad that Ballistol is never opened again. Soiled cleaning patches must be bagged and removed from the house. 3 days later you throughly clean the gun again to remove that foul smelling oil to stop the house from stinking of Ballistol.
If your nose blind go for it.
Not “everyone”

It allegedly does no harm to wood over time. I get it on Amazon. I used to put a tiny bit of Pine Sol in it to change the smell But my wife bought lemon smell pine sol last time and it smelled worse than ballistol.

I have very occasionally seen it on the shelf in a gun store here or there, but like others here, usually order it over the Net. I like the stuff and I like the smell.
It has to be one of the most widely discussed -- and occasionally cussed -- of the cleaning/protecting agents used in the muzzleloading community.

I have never seen it or heard of it until I joined this forum. Can someone please tell me why Everyone likes it so much.
I never heard of it either till I saw it here and love the stuff. I like it cause it mixes with water to make a great BP cleaner. Even if water is trapped in a tight area the water will evaporate and the Ballistol will keep the rust away. It’s a great lube used straight. Can be used on leather to condition and protect it. I’ve used it on my leather holsters making them look fresh and soft. Can be used on wood stocks to refresh the wood grain and will not leave an oily or sticky residue. I keep a small rag with a little Ballistol to wipe down the metal after touching the pistols.👌

I never heard of it either till I saw it here and love the stuff. I like it cause it mixes with water to make a great BP cleaner. Even if water is trapped in a tight area the water will evaporate and the Ballistol will keep the rust away. It’s a great lube used straight. Can be used on leather to condition and protect it. I’ve used it on my leather holsters making them look fresh and soft. Can be used on wood stocks to refresh the wood grain and will not leave an oily or sticky residue. I keep a small rag with a little Ballistol to wipe down the metal after touching the pistols.👌
Now that is what I'm talking about. It was invented by a German who wanted it to keep the lock, stock and barrel in pristine condition. Also, wanted to keep the fox hole dude and his leather in good condition. Combat boots to rifle slings. The G I used it. also. It was developed to keep the soldier in the field. World War I, it was my pony, my rifle and me. Good for saddles, too. The smell is not as bad as the wife cooking with vinegar.

Back