• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Greetings from Louisiana!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello all, I'm new here and glad that I found this forum. I've been a life-long supporter of our rights to include the 2A, and have enjoyed modern firearms for sport, hunting, and self-defense purposes all along the way. I've never owned or had the pleasure of shooting black powder firearms, but I've been researching them for months and am growing more and more interested in getting into 18th-19th century rifles. I've seen some very beautiful rifles and have been doing research into how to actually shoot them and care for them.

I do not presently own one, but I'm hoping to do so the not-so-distance future. I've looked up Traditions, Pedersoli, Kibler, etc. and I've been impressed with some of the DIY kits. I'm looking for advice on a good quality, budget friendly (context considered) option for getting into a flintlock rifle. I honestly wouldn't mind buying a Kibler kit, as I've worked with both metal and wood in the past and I think I'd be able to do so. Just looking for a starting point.

I appreciate any tips on what to look for in a good first rifle, and thank you all in advance for the advice.

Jason

Latest posts

Back