• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

April 2022 Postal Match

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just checking... because portrait makes it even smaller... and I already don't think I'm going to see any bison, just white.

And remember, you can color the target. I colored mine with highlighters. Looks good, and I'm expecting to hear some grief about my choice of colors.......it's a tuff crowd in these matches - haha

Eric

I'm not sure how people go about "coloring" these targets, but for those who might care for a more visible version of this, I offer the attached. It is identical in size to the original (which you can see by holding up the one in front of the other), but the bullseyes are somewhat more visible. It does make clearer that some of the target circles are not concentric (and this is true in the original as well). This target results from an exact image copy of the original, edited for contrast of the various parts. I know that I'll be able to see it better, and others may as well. Bon appétit.

Attachments

• Modified_April.pdf
    45.5 KB · Views: 166
i took mine to the paint program on this here laptop and colored them red for the high score and green for the lesser.
still can't see them at 25 feet let alone yards!!
Yeah, in my case the higher black/white contrast is the best. I'll be able to see the larger circles pretty well, but the smaller ones will likely just appear as dots. Maybe visible, but sighting on them will be challenging. :)

Yeah, in my case the higher black/white contrast is the best. I'll be able to see the larger circles pretty well, but the smaller ones will likely just appear as dots. Maybe visible, but sighting on them will be challenging. :)
like yours best DS. going to steal, it if i may? variety is the spice of life after all!

like yours best DS. going to steal, it if i may? variety is the spice of life after all!
It's painful for me to do anything in the area of computer graphics -- especially if I haven't done it in a while and have forgotten whatever I'd figured out at that point. :rolleyes: So I'm happy if anyone else benefits from it as well.

It's painful for me to do anything in the area of computer graphics -- especially if I haven't done it in a while and have forgotten whatever I'd figured out at that point. :rolleyes: So I'm happy if anyone else benefits from it as well.
I have a book several inches thick of "current passwords" . None of which work half the time. set up a new printer to print the target, took all day and a room full of expletives!
wife went to town and back before i had it done! 80 mile round trip

I have a book several inches thick of "current passwords" . None of which work half the time.
We use a (now very large) MS Word file for passwords -- heavily password-encoded. Update it regularly, and the (encoded) version is backed up. That at least allows us to search for passwords.

deerstalkert said:
... set up a new printer to print the target, took all day and a room full of expletives!
wife went to town and back before i had it done! 80 mile round trip
Printers recently have become both easier to configure in some ways/cases and much more of a mind-numbing pain. We finally packed it in with our high-quality Canon last year and, against my better judgment (my wife wanted it), got a (somewhat lower functionality) HP. HP has done some great things with its remote software, and their support has been great, but the UI for managing the printer directly (and even doing some simple things), isn't nearly as good as the Canon's was. Now my wife wants to toss the HP because she finds it so frustrating to use in various respects -- and she's a UI design expert!! 😂 😂 Too much of that stuff is still being done by the developers/code-writers, and (guess what) they design it for people like themselves -- or for what will take the least time/effort to implement. Such is life.

We use a (now very large) MS Word file for passwords -- heavily password-encoded. Update it regularly, and the (encoded) version is backed up. That at least allows us to search for passwords.

Printers recently have become both easier to configure in some ways/cases and much more of a mind-numbing pain. We finally packed it in with our high-quality Canon last year and, against my better judgment (my wife wanted it), got a (somewhat lower functionality) HP. HP has done some great things with its remote software, and their support has been great, but the UI for managing the printer directly (and even doing some simple things), isn't nearly as good as the Canon's was. Now my wife wants to toss the HP because she finds it so frustrating to use in various respects -- and she's a UI design expert!! 😂 😂 Too much of that stuff is still being done by the developers/code-writers, and (guess what) they design it for people like themselves -- or for what will take the least time/effort to implement. Such is life.
DS, i understood about , well some of what you wrote. just remember you are talking to a guy that studied law with A. Lincoln. :ghostly:
i thought Ui was something they did to you in hospital!

DS, i understood about , well some of what you wrote. just remember you are talking to a guy that studied law with A. Lincoln. :ghostly:
i thought Ui was something they did to you in hospital!
Well, you may in fact be younger than I am -- or certainly not a lot older. I used to play in a community band with a woman who, at the time, was 93 and very computer-savvy. I thought a UI is something you go to a hospital to get treated, and not something they give you there! But I suppose that depends on the hospital. In the case they do, I should think it would be very advantageous to have studied law -- even with A. Lincoln. Also, I have seen some hideous results of hospital treatment by a nephrology group. Scary. So best to avoid those kinds of UIs for sure. 👍

Back