• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Anyone going to the CLA show?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rat Trapper

62 Cal.
Reaction score
Was wondering who is going to the CLA show in Lexington KY next week? I have an old army buddy living near there so a buddy and I will be leaving Wisconsin on Thursday. Hope to hit the Blue Licks reinactment as well next week end.

I'm headed down there either Friday or Saturday morning as work schedule will allow. Looking forward to doing some window shopping, but will have a little spending money just in case.

Yes, I will have a table in the foyer just before the grand ballroom.
Come on by.

Arriving Sat morning. Im doing "Research" :wink: for a new .32 flinter and either another .40 flinter or .58 'Jeager' style flinter.

I'll be there with 3 very questionable fellows also on Friday may be there on Sat too. Plan to go to the reenactment of the battle of blue licks also.

I am leaving in the morning to attend Friday and Saturday. Gonna visit David Kanger along the way. I hope to see some of you there.

YMHS,

CrackStock

Getting all packed now to leave in the middle of the night. :snore:
I have nothing to sell and nothing to even deliver to customers so I will be able to mill around hopefully.

I will have a display of a few of my mentor, Jim Hash's guns there.

There will also be on my table this years first place fowling piece from Dixon's. It's only a second gun by a talented fellow from NC. The only things not forged, cast or created by him are the Chambers lock and custom profiled Jim Hash barrel from a Rice blank.

So far, it looks like a good show. Saw lots of interesting things and met good people.

CS

I was going to go this year after missing last year, but when I found out I would get punished for missing a year, I decided they didn't want folks like me there. I will just take the money I saved for ML purchases to Friendship. I guess it also means it's the end of the CLA shows for me and my buddies. I've gone to all but 3 since they have been in Lexington, but now I guess the organization doesn't want anyone on a budget. I'll spend my $500.00 to $600.00 elsewhere. I'll admit I will really miss it, but I just can't get over being spanked by the organization. It sure is a strange way to promote the ML hobby and industry.

Agreed. I had a good time and was thinking of making it a periodic trip - every couple of years. Sadly, the whole policy of forcing people to pay even when they do not intend to be active members or attend has me annoyed. Likely will not return for the foreseeable future.

CS

Some folks posted photos of the show on another site and the aisles looked deserted compaired to the times I was there. What are they thinking?

Fri was a little slow but Sat was a pretty good turn out.
I think they will adjust the rules do to all the flack they are catching.
The way I read the rules if you did not re-up last year or this year your membership is tossed out and you can rejoin as a new member next year at the regular price.

This still seems counter-productive.....or maybe even self-destructive. If they want to grow the association and the industy, they need to be as customer/member friendly as possible. This would mean that if a person had a family emergency or illness and had to miss one year, he would be punished unless he just sits out another year??? :doh:

Back