• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Any chance we'll see powder from Goex in 2023 ?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You'd be amazed at how much they use and it isn't for "guns". It's used in all manner of munitions, rocket components, artillery primers, ejection seat ignitors and that just scratches the surface. Make no mistake here, the civilian market is nowhere near as large as Uncle Sam and he has a bottomless wallet 😜
I was watching a show on I think it was the Saturn Rocket used to place the GPS satellites in space. They were talking about the different fuel used in the different stages. I believe in the second or last stage BP is used as an igniter to the main fuel. Who would think. Good stuff that BP!

That seems to be the universal problem now. My oldest Son is an architect with his own firm. He's trying to hire 2 new staff architects, he told me he's interviewed 3 and they all asked if they could work from home. He sent all out the door.
Working from home is for those who didn’t work while they were in the office. The way you know is by asking them to show you their deliverable. Most don’t have one hence today no one misses them; notice i said most.

I don't understand all the Goex hate over government contracts.

Goex went out of business. The fire was the final nail in the coffin.

Estes thinks that with government contracts, the business was worth buying and investing in to get it up and running again.

The US shooting sports consumers are not sufficient business to keep the lights on at a US powder manufacturer. Without government contracts for military use, there's no US powder maker. It's as simple as that. With skilled American labor costs what they are, and the black powder shooter market being the niche it is, you aren't going to have an American powder maker without something to sweeten the pot - government contracts.
Government contracts are where the money is make no mistake. The only thing I miss about Goex are the cans. Sorry i like Swiss.

Back