• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Pedersoli Frontier .32 cal looks pretty good

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
fahopity said:
Hey 30coupe, I also bought one of those pedersoli frontier rifles from bluegill, He's a good fellow to do business with. Mine is a 36 and looks pretty good too. I haven't shot it yet, (waiting on better weather). Ya know I think mine looks better then yours. :blah: :wink: :grin:
I think we're both going to have some fun.
Fahopity

I guess you're going to have to post some pictures to prove which one looks better :wink:

Mine looks pretty much like all the other examples I've seen online: very straight grained (okay, plain) walnut. The maple versions are gorgeous, but the price also reflects that. I agree, they should be lots of fun to shoot.

I poured, sorted, and weighed about 300 little tiny round balls last night. I used my digital scale and rejected anything that didn't read 46 grains on my scale, which should put them at +/- 1/2 grain. The scale is set up for archery, so it doesn't read tenths of grains, but they should be close enough, I would think. For my .50 cal stuff, I go up to -1 grain of the heaviest balls, but I figured a grain would make more difference on these little buggers. I can't wait for a break in the crappy weather, but I don't see one coming anytime soon. :cursing:

Hey Fahopity, I bought one of Bluegills 36 Frontiers as well. I agree that he was great to do business with! I have cast up a bunch of balls for it and like the both of you I am waiting for warmer weather to sight it in. I have a 50 cal Hatfield that I have owned since the mid 1980's and the fit and finish on this Frontier does not compare to the Hatfield but I am optimistic that these Pedersoli rifles will shoot just as accurate. If that holds to be true then I will be very happy. A Frontier 50 flintlock is waiting for me to pickup tomorrow and I am really excited to start the learning curve on that one as it will be my first flintlock. If I can figure out how to post a pic of the three I will do so. Maybe we can form a Bluegill Frontier club and have a secret handshake! :applause: :grin: Greg

Just pulling your leg a little :) . I bet if laid side by side and if we didn't cheat and look at the bore size we wouldn't be able to tell them apart. And yes, this weather is a bummer.
Fahopity

Critter Getter I'll let you work out that handshake. This will be my second 36, I have a TC Seneca that I have owned for years so I already have everything I need to do some shooting
(Except good weather). This is my first pedersoli and even though it isn't as pretty as my TVM rifles it looks real good for the price. I always have liked the looks of them and couldn't pass this one up. Enjoy that flinter, I get more enjoyment shooting my flinters then my cap locks but am looking forward to shooting my new 36 too. :)
Fahopity

Mooman76 said:
No pictures but I will have to get off my butt and learn to do them. I feel kind of bad about the rifle. I heard about using windex to clean with and wanted to try it. I couldn't find windex so I tried some kind of green bathroom cleaner. It dripped down the barrel and removed some of the browning. Last time I try that. I touched up the brown but will have to redo it when I get more time. I will check but if I remember the barrel is 13/16ths.

Looks a lot like the Frontier, but the ad says the barrel is 41 1/4" so I have to believe the balance will be similar. I monkeyed around with mine a bit today and find the balance point is right at the ramrod entry point, so I guess it's not really all that nose-heavy afterall. The balance point is just a bit in front of my hand when holding it for off-hand shooting...about right for a steady hold.

That longer barrel is for a Pedersoli Pennsylvania Rifle, not the Frontier. It makes a difference. I am not personally comfortable with the leverage on the full-octagon Pennsylvania but it is a sharp rifle...

Nice evaluation 30coupe! Have you gotten a chance to load 'er up and yank on the trigger yet? Greg :)

Critter Getter said:
Nice evaluation 30coupe! Have you gotten a chance to load 'er up and yank on the trigger yet? Greg :)

Thanks, Greg. No, it's going to be a while I'm afraid. Weather isn't cooperating and now I've got a nasty cold. First one I've had all winter, but it's settled in my sinuses and left ear. :shake: I've got 300 little tiny balls poured and ready. After doing .50s those .32s look really tiny. The nice thing is getting 300 balls out of about two pounds of lead! I'm afraid they will disappear pretty fast once I get a chance to make some smoke though!

How about you? Have you got the .36 zeroed in yet?

No I haven't fired the 36 Frontier yet. I have been playing with that 50 Blue Ridge flinter that I picked up the other day. I'm thinking brass colored front sights for those rifles maybe in order. Let us know when you get her sighted in as I'm curious as to what those little 32's can do. Greg :)

Latest posts

Back