• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Any chance we'll see powder from Goex in 2023 ?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kyron4

50 Cal.
Reaction score
We'll all I've seen from the Goex reps were saying powder in our hands by first quarter 2023 . Haven't heard any updates since this summer at Friendship. Any one any insider info. or just want to take a guess if they actually deliver ? I'm debating stocking up on more Schutzen or holding out for good ol' made in the USA Goex. Your thoughts ?

The 1st quarter?? I'll believe it when I see it.
It will take them months to test what they will be making & getting the distribution network alive again.
Let's hope they keep the formula the same & the price competitive....if not, they may be in trouble.
They have millions of dollars to recoup from getting the distribution chain & the plant up & running.
I wish them the best.
I'll continue using what's already available...Swiss & Schuetzen.

We'll all I've seen from the Goex reps were saying powder in our hands by first quarter 2023 . Haven't heard any updates since this summer at Friendship. Any one any insider info. or just want to take a guess if they actually deliver ? I'm debating stocking up on more Schutzen or holding out for good ol' made in the USA Goex. Your thoughts ?
I noticed that the nice full-page ad they had in Muzzle Blast through the summer was not there the last few months. I'm not sure what that means. I will buy some when it is available. I will shoot what I have, Swiss and Schuetzen until then.

I would think that their biggest customer is the military and they might have priority 🤔

Second priority might be the needs of Estes.

Third quarter could be the end of March.

GOEX powder in the first quarter of 2023? Maybe yes, maybe no. Why risk waiting for something that may or may not happen? Buy what you need when you can get what you need. What is your plan if the GOEX doesn’t hit their production reboot timing? And say the powder available today is not available when you ‘need’ it? SOL. Has happened before if I am remembering correctly.

"kkulling" is a member here and he's also the new owner of Goex. So if you look him up and follow him, you'll be among the first to know if he posts an update.
And if you put the @ symbol in front of someone's screen name they will be notified that they were mentioned in a topic/reply and might be more likely to chime in. Especially in the case of someone like @kkulling who I'm sure is busy enough to not be monitoring this forum all the time for our speculations about his company.

I'm looking forward to the time I can drive over to Dixon's and grab a couple cans of Goex.
I'm shooting Scheutzen now, and have no issues with it, but look forward to not needing to order on line and being able to support an American company.
I'll still pick up Swiss here and there, it's good powder.
I wish Estes luck and good fortune as they work to reestablish this business and product.

Stock up on Schuetzen and hopefully by the time you run out , Goex will be back

Honestly I'm happy with Schuetzen, I'd just like other options for all of us and more powder sources is definitely better

Stock up on Schuetzen and hopefully by the time you run out , Goex will be back

Honestly I'm happy with Schuetzen, I'd just like other options for all of us and more powder sources is definitely better
That's what I did, ten pounds of 3F Schutzen earlier this year and have five pounds of Swiss ordered.

I worked for the last twenty six years in chemical plant and seeing the hoops we had to jump through, I can't imagine the start up testing and validation they'll have to go through before the first grain of Goes is produced for consumers.

It’s curious how quickly some are to dismiss the benefits of a domestic manufacturer of black powder...

I think the whole history of the past year shows that there is a lot of enthusiasm for Goex powder and excitement about estes bringing it back to the market. But in the meantime folks are using alternatives that are available. Estes has an opportunity to make the best powder ever with the Goex name on it and I'm pretty sure they plan to do just that.

It’s curious how quickly some are to dismiss the benefits of a domestic manufacturer of black powder...
As if we, dressed in our antique clothing and funny firearms, are the largest market and in that, you'd be sadly mistaken. Uncle Sam is far and away the largest consumer of the holy black. Getting domestic production going again was never in doubt.

Last edited:
I don't see anyone "dismissing" Goex powder...most dedicated aren't going to wait to see how the production and distribution pans out. That can take many more months.
If the formula stays the same & it works, Goex will sell a 2nd pound to shooters....if not, they will suffer.

If folks wants to shoot now, they will use what's available & Goex has failed the black powder market.
Swiss & Schüetzen seized the moment in getting their products into the hands of shooters that normally wouldn't even think of trying Swiss/Schuetzen. iI still have 4 pounds of 3F Goex & don't plan on using it anytime soon.

Some shooters like me may not switch back.

Latest posts

Back