• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Am Rifleman Article

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

There is a good article on smoothies in the latest American Rifleman - got mine today and already read it cover to cover.

I don't get the American Rifleman, what was the artical about, other than smoothbores?

Colonial hunting guns. It concentrates on smoothbores. Discusses some of the differences between French, English and Colonial produced firearms. George Neumann wrote it.

I'd love to get a copy of that! If there's anyone out there who wants to part with a copy, I'd appreciate it. I checked, but I can't buy the single issue.

I'd love to get a copy of that! If there's anyone out there who wants to part with a copy, I'd appreciate it. I checked, but I can't buy the single issue.

Perhaps one of our fine members will photo-copy the artical and send it to you...

Was a pretty good write, nice that someone is giving "our" kind of guns SOME attention...! I enjoyed it.

:applause:

I realize that the writer didn't want to expand the article into rifles, but I think a mention of the Jaeger would have been appropriate, as at one time the Jaeger, or "Jaeger like" rifle would have been pretty dominent on the scene, along with some English trade rifles. Probably more smoothbores and muskets for sure, but the article was entitled "Hunting guns" and not Smoothbores.

But a great improvement on the last article on "Kentucky" rifles, where the author described the Jaeger as a clumsy, heavy, "featurless" rifle. !!!!!!!!!@^^#!#%!@@$^&*!!

:curse:

Rat

Was a pretty good write, nice that someone is giving "our" kind of guns SOME attention...! I enjoyed it.

:applause:

But a great improvement on the last article on "Kentucky" rifles, where the author described the Jaeger as a clumsy, heavy, "featurless" rifle. !!!!!!!!!@^^#!#%!@@$^&*!!

:curse:

Rat

::Good thing Jaegermeister didn't see that! :haha:

they did a story on cecil brooks some time ago. he makes the presentation rifles (charlie heston cold dead hands gun), beutiful work. he's in his 90's and has one apprentice that is a master craftsman in his own right. cecil said the jeager was the only swampped barrel gun he ever did and that was enough if he lived to be 100.

Hey... wait a minute!! If he's an apprentice he can't be a master craftsman, and if he's a master he certainly isn't an apprentice!! :haha: :haha:

Hey... wait a minute!! If he's an apprentice he can't be a master craftsman, and if he's a master he certainly isn't an apprentice!! :haha: :haha:

Is there such a thing as a master apprentice? :haha:

Master apprentice... maybe someone who's taking waaaaaaay to long to reach journeyman level? ::

I doubt that is the case here. The so called apprentice appears to be the designated successor to Mr. Brooks.

rayb

I doubt that is the case here. The so called apprentice appears to be the designated successor to Mr. Brooks.

rayb

Mel Brooks has a designated successor?

Well, let's see...

There was a TV show called Our Miss Brooks - maybe she's all growed up now and she's the successor. :haha:

the joke is lost on me ?? Is mel brooks some kind of television star or something??

don't have a tv, don't reeally want one either...

rayb

the joke is lost on me ?? Is mel brooks some kind of television star or something??

don't have a tv, don't reeally want one either...

rayb

LOL that's funny!

Mel Brooks is the creator of such fine classical movies as:

Blazing Saddles
Young Frankenstein
Spaceballs
Robin Hood - Men in Tights
History of the World Part I

Back