Am I the only one in the Great Lakes Region?

Discussion in 'Great Lakes' started by jethro224, Mar 10, 2008.

Help Support Muzzle Loading Forum by donating:

1. Dec 25, 2018 #81

Popz67

Popz67

Popz67

32 Cal

Crawford county Crestline its between Mansfield and Bucyrus. Small quite little town belong to Crawford county Sportsmans club. About 3 miles from my house so I can run over to either pistol or rifle range and during decent weather they have couple stocked ponds that are loaded with fish. I too use 100 grains (pyrodex/triple 7) shoot either shockwave 300 grain (I think) or Powerbelt 295 hollow point. Very accurate with the Omega, just seems to shoot those better. It is a long 100 yard range. Anyway hope all had a great Christmas.

2. Dec 25, 2018 #82

Flintlock 43

Flintlock 43

Flintlock 43

Pilgrim

Pops, I am in Centerburg, Oh. Are u nearby? Flintlock 43

3. Dec 26, 2018 #83

dwshotwell1

dwshotwell1

dwshotwell1

Pilgrim

Straits of Mackinac area of Michigan for me. Not quite the Yoop, but I can see it from the back of my property.

4. Dec 26, 2018 #84

fireman1

fireman1

fireman1

32 Cal

Must be nice to live at Fort Michilimackinac!

5. Dec 27, 2018 #85

Wisconsin Relic

Wisconsin Relic

Wisconsin Relic

32 Cal

I have to wonder, if you can see the U.P. From your property, why you haven’t moved across the Straits yet to God’s country. You’re like a kid outside a candy store. What’s the saying, “Close, but no cigar.”

Oh, well, just the same, it’s a beautiful place to live! Great to hear from you. All kidding aside. What’s worse, I’m a former Yooper who LEFT the U.P. I must be the crazy one.

6. Dec 27, 2018 #86

Rick Butler

Rick Butler

Rick Butler

32 Cal.

Currently live in SE Michigan but having a home built in the Eastern UP, outside of a little town called DeTour Village.

7. Dec 27, 2018 #87

scooter3844

scooter3844

scooter3844

32 Cal

I'm in Frankton, Indiana. Born and raised

8. Dec 28, 2018 #88

Sootburner

Sootburner

Sootburner

32 Cal.

Northwest Lower Michigan...East Jordan. The Jordan River Valley is a beautiful place abundant with game, great for a stroll with the flinter.

Happy New Years to all

9. Jan 7, 2019 #89

pinemarten

pinemarten

pinemarten

40 Cal.

I grew up in the Jordan Valley Michigan and ran a trapline there when I was a kid. I moved to the UP after graduation and live in Negaunee now. Not very many deer in the hills but its beautiful rugged country.

Baxter likes this.
  10. Jan 7, 2019 #90

Ernest Blohm

Ernest Blohm

Ernest Blohm

Supporting Member Supporting Member

Born and raised in Northwest Indiana. Portage and now living in Valparaiso for around 36 years. Just getting into the BP and Muzzleloader sport. My wife's son in law is an avid hunter. Rifle, Muzzle loader and Bow. It has not been a good year for him. One deer for him and it was a road kill. He's on a list they call. I'm a newbie and hope to gain some knowledge from some veterans here. I'm 70 years young with a young at heart attitude.

11. Jan 7, 2019 #91

Wisconsin Relic

Wisconsin Relic

Wisconsin Relic

32 Cal

Ernest,
    Nice to hear from you. Never too old to learn something new. I’m not near as old as you, only 67, but I really enjoy shooting & hunting with traditional muzzle loaders. Actually, I no longer hunt with modern rifles. I built a .45 cal Kentucky Long Rifle back around 1975, and 2 years ago built a .50 cal. Hawken replica. I hunted northern Wisconsin white tails with the .50the last 2 seasons. I hunted deer and black bear with the .45 for some 40 years. You’ve got some catching up to do, but a big welcome to you!

12. Jan 7, 2019 #92

Ernest Blohm

Ernest Blohm

Ernest Blohm

Supporting Member Supporting Member

Wisconsin Relic ,thank you so much for the warm reception. I bought a Traditions 50 caliber Hawkins kit and am about to put it together .I'm liking what I see in this kit so far . Hope to post my finished product when I'm done. Thanks again . Ernie.