• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Am I the only one in the Great Lakes Region?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
North Central MN, 45 miles south of Brrmidji. Necchi's neighbor, sort of - about 100 miles north of him. Spent the last 3.5yrs of my military career in the UP - truly God's paradise on earth it is. Peripheral neuropathy hit me 5 years ago or I'd still be out shooting my Early Lancaster and CVA Mtn Rifle; both .54 cal. Still have 2lbs of FFFg put away for "someday, maybe", God willing.

I’m really surprised no one from the Twin Cities muzzle loading club hasn’t chimed in for you. I’ve not been a member since 1973-76, but see them at trade fairs in New Ulm and such. In general, I would say you’re not alone in the Bemidji/Brainerd area. For some reason, you may just have to look a might harder? Though it sounds as if @Baxter isn’t too far, at least compared to your other responses. As for myself, i’m In St.Paul.

I'm in Bovey.Mn. just a little east of Grand Rapids. Been shooting off and on for about 20 years now. C.v.a. hawkin 50 Cal. 385 grain buffalo bullets

I live just across the St. Croix River from @Omega218r in Stillwater Minnesota. Hunt with my .54 flinter up in the Nemadji State Forest, a bit south of Lake Superior.

Hey! I just got back from "that" Packer game. Mikes last.
We drove from Maine, up the mitten, down to the pack. Drove back north of the boarder. 2850 miles. Old Quebec city was beautiful.
You guys in Michigan have way too many deer. Harvest some more and make my driving safer, please.

I'm from north central Illinois and just joined last week. Thinking about building a Great Plains rifle not sure if going with flintlock yet. Glad to hear E Peoria Bass Pro has BP, will check it out.

I live near Green Bay, WI., but from the U.P. Of Michigan, also called a Yooper. It is mostly a wilderness paradise up there. I usually do a winter camping trip in the Keweenaw Peninsula using simple lean-tos. I go specifically to hear the wolves howl at night.

Was camping/deer hunting with my .50 Plains Hunter during the first week of December, just 2 weeks ago, in northern Wisconsin.

Although a bit removed from the Great Lakes, per se; I am relocating to Sparta, WI, from AK and looking to get into the local MZ community. BTW: I grew up on the North Shore of Lake Superior (a previous chapter/life).

Recently moved from Twin Cities to Wisconsin. I’m 1 hour south of Duluth. Like wise been shooting BP off an on for 50 years. I have a Track of the Wolf trade gun kit to assemble this winter.

I live near Grantsburg in nw WI. I've been shooting BP for 40 years, and have built several rifles and a pistol over the years.....still learning....

I am from TOLEDO but now live in North Central Ohio. I have a Thompson Center Omega z5 50 cal. . Just sent it in for repair of a broken trigger mechanism, found out that had a ' bulge' in the barrel. Had no clue other than went from shooting very accurate to being way off. Which is how trigger mechanism when I removed stock for complete cleaning. TC didn't have my original blue/black barrel but gave me big break on Stainless barrel. Love my Omega great gun.

I am from TOLEDO but now live in North Central Ohio. I have a Thompson Center Omega z5 50 cal. . Just sent it in for repair of a broken trigger mechanism, found out that had a ' bulge' in the barrel. Had no clue other than went from shooting very accurate to being way off. Which is how trigger mechanism when I removed stock for complete cleaning. TC didn't have my original blue/black barrel but gave me big break on Stainless barrel. Love my Omega great gun.

Hey Popz, I’m east of Buffalo. I have and Omega too and it’s a great gun. I only use 100 grains of powder so I don’t get hit by the scope. Have taken 7 or 8 deer with it. I enjoy shooting it.

Latest posts

Back