• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Wheellock Fun

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Luckily, this forum attracts a lot of knowledgeable people. They not only “talk the talk”, but they “walk the walk”. This is not true in other forums. I swear that most forums are trolled by 40 year olds living in their parent’s basements.
Getting back to wheelocks, in this case my first Indian made one, it was not without it’s problems. Speaking privately with knowledgeable members on here, my lock has all the problems that were mentioned by the resident experts (and I am sincere about calling them experts. First it was weal springs. I had to make a new action spring. Weak sear. Mine broke off. Timing is very important when making the spring in my case.
One expert mentioned a ball bearing sear. Now mine has one. Heavier spring can be checked off the list too. I have to thank everyone for all their years of experience.

Attachments

• IMG_9347.jpeg
    IMG_9347.jpeg
    883.4 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_9265.jpeg
    IMG_9265.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0

Latest posts

Back