• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Adapter M5 male to female 10-32

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TxGR

Pilgrim
Reaction score
The Pedersoli Rocky Mountain Hawken .54 cal has a metric M5 female ramrod tip. All my jags, puller, etc. is male 10-32. Just get an adapter right?

I couldn't find a M5 male to female 10-32 at Track of the Wolf, Dixie Gun Works, October Country, Buffalo Arms, or even Dewey cleaning rods. Davide Pedersoli sells a M5 male to male 10-32 (https://shop.davide-pedersoli.com/en/rods-ramrods-accessories/1127-brass-reduction-5ma-10-32.html) at a reasonable price, but then I would need a female to female 10-32. I can't find one of those either.

Where I am now I can't test it, but I've read there is one way compatibility between M5 and 10-32, so maybe the tips I have now will work.

If anyone has a lead on where I can get an adapter, or a 10x32 female-female, I'd appreciate the help.

Cheers,

Midsouth shooter supply might have options for you
IMG_0479.jpeg

1701391222422.jpeg

I don't fully understand the affiliate link policy here but I guess it means I'm not supposed to post a link to any of the big sites that we all get stuff from. Anyway, such an adapter does exist, it is actually a brass tube adapter fitting with a face O-ring and is made by MettleAir, and if you copy and put this into your search bar and hit the go button, you should get "A" hit....

10-32 UNF Female to M5 Male Nickel Plated Brass Pipe Adaptor/Adapter Straight Reducer Coupling​

M5 diameter is close to a #10 screw diameter - 5mm = 0.19685" - #10 = 0.19000" -- delta = 0.00685". I can't say if the thread pitch is the same for that you will have to get a #10 - 32 screw and see if it threads in. If it was mine I would run a #10 - 32 tap into the brass ram rod tip and be done with it.

Thanks for all the helpful replies.

I don't know if Pedersoli gave me bum information or, as @ZUG writes, they are so close it is immaterial.

Today, I was able to actually try it out and the 10-32 ball puller and jag I have with me both fit the ramrod tip fine. I had also purchased a fiberglass ramrod with has a 10-32 tip, so I at least had options.

I hadn't perviously considered @Grimord's suggestion because the M5 hole is bigger, but I did think about just replacing the tip with a standard one. Thanks for that suggestion.

For some reason, I can't currently get to MidSouth's website, although I do shop there often. I think 5/40 is not the same as M5, but I couldn't verify.

Again, thanks for all the helpful information.

Cheers,

Matching threads between ramrod tips and tools is a major contributor to frustration in my life. Well, OK, maybe it's all just part of the fun. But I really, really wish they'd all just standardize.

Matching threads between ramrod tips and tools is a major contributor to frustration in my life. Well, OK, maybe it's all just part of the fun. But I really, really wish they'd all just standardize.
Standard traditionally meant 8-32. I build all rr tips with this thread and have no problens.

Standard traditionally meant 8-32. I build all rr tips with this thread and have no problens.
What standard are you referring to. Technically cleaning jags aren't time period correct before 1840. I know ,8/32 was more common in the pre Thompson Center days then TC came out with 10/32 thds. By the way I make my tips,jags, and most other things in both threads. I make brass cleaning rods with a 10 on 1 end and an 8 on the other.

Latest posts

Back