• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

8-32 or 10-32

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BillyC

Shooting my .45 better every time
Reaction score
Does anyone know what thread the Kibler ramrod tip and range rod are? I looked all over his website and can’t find it. I’d like to order a cleaning jag and ball puller but aren’t sure what size and don’t want to bother the Kiblers with another dumb question. Also probably a dumb question but do you load with a jag or the wooden end of the ramrod? Obviously I’m totally new to muzzleloaders.

Does anyone know what thread the Kibler ramrod tip and range rod are? I looked all over his website and can’t find it. I’d like to order a cleaning jag and ball puller but aren’t sure what size and don’t want to bother the Kiblers with another dumb question. Also probably a dumb question but do you load with a jag or the wooden end of the ramrod? Obviously I’m totally new to muzzleloaders.
I am quite positive 8-32 (but I don’t have it in front of me). I had to buy an adapter for my cleaning kit as the threads for them were 10-32. I had emailed Lorie about this when I ordered my guns and I can’t seem to find them

8-32

The tapered tip on my Kibler SMR is 8/32. I have ordered extra tips for both his SMR and Colonial and they are 8/32. I wouldn't ram the ball with the tip end.

For general shooting and cleaning, get an unbreakable rod instead of using the wood rod. I have several Delrin rods that I take to the range with me, depending on the calibre rifle. For hunting, the wood rod will do. But use short strokes. Don't grab the end of the rod and try to seat the ball in one stoke. Wood rods can and will break that way. Hands have been impaled by the broken rod. Don't be that guy.
For cleaning at home after a day of shooting, I have a dedicated carbon fiber cleaning rod with interchangeable jags. The rod rotates so the patch follows the twist of the rifling. IMHO, it cleans easier and faster.

Jim Kibler Colonial Longrifle Kit Tapered Ramrod Tip

COLONIAL KIT TAPERED RAMROD TIP WITH 8-32 THREAD​

2 reviews
$5.00
QUANTITY

Add to Cart

2” long
.355 diameter tapers to .301 diameter
8-32 thread

Kibler's Website.

Thanks again. I have a range rod for cleaning and range work and will only use the ramrod when actually hunting

congrats on your Kibler ML'er. As your gun safe begins to fill (it will) you will find that you have rods of different diameters, plus jags in various sizes and threads plus adapters to match 'em all up. You've got the range rod and that's a really good start.

I’ve replaced all tips and most screws for 10/ 32

All my BP brushes and jags are 10-32.
All my modern gun stuff is 8-32.
I also have several adapters scattered around in my shooting stuff bags and boxes and main cleaning kit that does everything.

Back