• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

A Question About Selling a Handgun

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Look at ads on Gunbroker. Pretty much every onelists the restricted states.
Age verification- have them email a picture of their drivers license, front and back, address must match the ship to address. I had to do this when buying caps from a guy in Texas.

Look at ads on Gunbroker. Pretty much every onelists the restricted states.
Age verification- have them email a picture of their drivers license, front and back, address must match the ship to address. I had to do this when buying caps from a guy in Texas.
A very good suggestion. Thank you for your advice.

A simple "Will ship to anywhere not restricted. Know your laws." added at the end of the ad.
^^^This is the correct answer.^^^

It's flat out impossible to know every gun law in the land.

To be really safe, send the pistol to an 01FFL brick and mortar store and have the buyer pick up the pistol there.

I will soon be listing my Uberti 1851 Navy. My question to the members here is where should I restrict selling it to? I.E. NYC is off limits. I'd wager New Jersey is also. So I need the combined knowledge of the members to advise me on where not to send it.
I would not take any chances on shipping to CA, MA, NJ, IL, NY, MD, CT.
If you try to research it you will find lots of conflicting and incomplete information.
By eliminating the above states you will save yourself a lot of time and trouble.
Would not be worth it to me, but it may for you.

California is fine. In 2010 they removed the restrictions from "Antique Firearms". Same definition as the Feds.

I would not take any chances on shipping to CA, MA, NJ, IL, NY, MD, CT.
If you try to research it you will find lots of conflicting and incomplete information.
By eliminating the above states you will save yourself a lot of time and trouble.
Would not be worth it to me, but it may for you.
Ok,, but you need to explain that.
Let's just say I'm the shipper of the "sold" gun, I have received my funds.
I ship it direct to address,,
How(?) will there be "time and trouble" on my side???
That's the point,,,,,, if your answer is "not worth it" that's fine too,, but your not explaining the trouble.(?)
As a shipper, what's the trouble?

So far in this thread, I have seen, get a link providing an age verification of ID, and confirmation from the buyer of his required shipping address.

How do "I" as the shipper have trouble if I ship to CA,MA,NJ,NY,MD,CT,,,,,???????
Honest question,,,

Last edited:
If you need to send it to any of the states listed above, I’d insist on sending to an FFL to cover your rear end. Even if you don’t need to , like California, you DON’T want to be the test case of some zealous anti gun prosecutor.

The Queen Tyrant Hochul has declared muzzleloaders to be firearms requiring a background check in the fiefdom of New York State
Ive read the NYS statute and I don't come up with that. It looks like an unloaded muzzleloading pistol is still classified as an antique, not a firearm.

However, an original flintlock musket from 1790, is a firearm, loaded or not. Add to that the fact that the LGS says muzzleloaders don't require a background check, and I'm confused.

The people who write these laws must be smoking crack.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back