• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Hello from Ontario, Canada

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 60231

Pilgrim
Reaction score
Hello everyone: Did a lot of shooting many years ago, mostly target and skeet, no BP. Several years ago I watched Walter Gusler's Colonial Williamsburg Gunsmithing Video and decided someday I would get into BP shooting. Well someday is now, well as soon as I get all set up for it.

Unfortunately Canada's gun laws mean Pietta and Uberti repro revolvers are unavailable to new sport shooters as they are new manufacture and the new laws prohibit the purchase and transfer of handguns. However handguns made before 1898 are considered antiques and not controlled by the Canada Firearms Act đź’ˇ and firearms license is not required.

Since my RPAL application will take another 6 to 8 months to complete I decided to get into BP shooting to scratch that itch.

So I did the smart thing and shopped around and found and bought an 1851 Navy Colt, .36 caliber manufactured in 1865 that is in good enough condition to shoot once I give it a good cleaning and get a gunsmith to replace the nipples and give it a once over.

Been doing a lot of reading on this forum and the Colt Forum and watched a lot of Duelist1954 videos and other resources and I'm really looking forward to banging some smoke.

Attachments

• download (4).jpg
    download (4).jpg
    292 KB · Views: 5
  • download.jpg
    download.jpg
    288 KB · Views: 0
Welcome from Packer country. Smart end run around your tyrant Trudeau.

And even better, your gun looks to be in fantastic shape for an antique. Much better than the ones I've seen so far.

Hello everyone: Did a lot of shooting many years ago, mostly target and skeet, no BP. Several years ago I watched Walter Gusler's Colonial Williamsburg Gunsmithing Video and decided someday I would get into BP shooting. Well someday is now, well as soon as I get all set up for it.

Unfortunately Canada's gun laws mean Pietta and Uberti repro revolvers are unavailable to new sport shooters as they are new manufacture and the new laws prohibit the purchase and transfer of handguns. However handguns made before 1898 are considered antiques and not controlled by the Canada Firearms Act đź’ˇ and firearms license is not required.

Since my RPAL application will take another 6 to 8 months to complete I decided to get into BP shooting to scratch that itch.

So I did the smart thing and shopped around and found and bought an 1851 Navy Colt, .36 caliber manufactured in 1865 that is in good enough condition to shoot once I give it a good cleaning and get a gunsmith to replace the nipples and give it a once over.

Been doing a lot of reading on this forum and the Colt Forum and watched a lot of Duelist1954 videos and other resources and I'm really looking forward to banging some smoke.
Welcome from the borderland..

Latest posts

Back