• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

58 vs 54?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was born in 78, and wish I knew half of what you and other fellows here know.

I'm a 1952 Boomer, we only know what we know (whatever that is) because we made more mistakes learning what we believed we needed to know.
Practising manual skills necessitates a blunder or two and ongoing development of that skill.

Best advice I can offer is only use the technologies you need, try and keep your life and lifestyle as simple as possible in a world gone mad.

I'm a 1952 Boomer, we only know what we know (whatever that is) because we made more mistakes learning what we believed we needed to know.
Practising manual skills necessitates a blunder or two and ongoing development of that skill.

Best advice I can offer is only use the technologies you need, try and keep your life and lifestyle as simple as possible in a world gone mad.
Thank you sir.

Having shot and owning several ML rifles from 40 -54 cal, over a year ago I ordered a Kibler Colonial in both 5x and 58cal. I’m exclusively a PLRB shooter and will say that I have been consumed with the the performance of this rifle with its 58cal, GM, straight cut barrel. Using 80gr of FFFG behind a .570 roundball/.015” patch, lubed with Mink Oil. With the bigger bore/lighter barrel, balance is near perfect, accuracy superb, and recoil not much more noticeable then my 50/54’s. The difference in trajectory from the 50/54 is about an inch at 125 yards with killing power and blood trails with deer proving it to be a superb hunting rifle particularly for the longer shots, or for use on larger game. I wish I had tried one sooner!
View attachment 108587View attachment 108588
That is some very impressive shooting.

Back