• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

1803 "Style" Replica 65cal smoothbore Flintlock

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bpd303

Nearly Normal
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
I posted this in Photos way back when but didn't get many responses. So I thought about trying here with a link to the original thread which has the pictures at the end. Maybe someone has information about it.
https://www.muzzleloadingforum.com/threads/got-a-new-to-me-flintlock-smoothbore.86240/#post-2577526

1803 flintlock.jpg

Omg had one. Named Drug In The Mud
Restocked it and cut it down to 18 inches.
Three hundred and some smoothbore shooters at 2ed annual (and I think last )Mid West Musket Frolic in Defiance Mo at Danial Boone’s last home. I scored 98th
It was named by a friend I got it from, a few weeks later he found another, named Druged behind
I gave it to a friend who passed a few years later, don’t know what became of it.

That looks just like the .68 cal smoothbore miroku from the 1970’s that was just sold in the for sale section here.

That's what it is, although mine has no markings what so ever, cock and lock plate are plain no scrolling. I found out in the other thread a lot of them were sold by Dixie Gun Works late '60s early '70s as a Trade Gun. From what I understand DGW had the 2 piece barrels replaced with single piece. Mine has a .662 smooth bore when I checked it with my calipers so I may have been off a little on the caliber 16 gauge for sure.

I just found my copy of the 1995 Dixie Gun works Richard Petty addition catalog. They list an Indian Trade Rifle kit, that looks a lot like mine, sans the patch box although it says an Italian kit by Pedersoli. It has what looks like the same octagon to round barrel.
Sure wish I had an older catalog from around 1970. Maybe someone here has one to look up the Trade Rifle kit.
Edit: Just found a 1970 DGW catalog on eBay, should have it by the 21st, might clear up the mystery regarding this gun.:)

Last edited:
The 1970 DGW catalog just came in, what a blast from the past and the prices, if I had known then what complete guns and the kits are going for now I would have bought hundreds of them. How about a Brown Bess made in England with English proofs for $275.00 or a Deluxe Dixie Pennsylvania flintlock $169.50 made in Belgium and looks a lot like a Hershel House to me.

Unfortunately this gun is not listed so the mystery continues.
Edit: I also learned that Sears & Roebuck sold the same gun.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back