• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

SOLD English Style 20ga Flintlock Smoothbore

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SadEyedDevil

Pilgrim
Reaction score
20231218_170213.jpg

IMG_20231212_211516445~2.jpg

I have an English styled flintlock smoothbore I picked up from Alex Efremenko about eight years ago. His description of build and materials below:

Stock is of hard maple with a hand scraped finish then stained with iron nitrate and finished out with brass trim pieces; butt plate, trigger guard, side plate, ramrod thimbles and entry pipe, The brass trim pieces wear a little stylish engraving.

Barrel made by Long Hammock is a custom 46" length octagon to round 20 gauge smoothbore. The barrel has been lightly coned at the muzzle to aid in loading a patched round ball. Barrel is also equipped with a rear sight. The rear sight has been moved forward at some point and the old slot filled, the work was expertly done and blended so as to be barely noticeable,

Lock is a Jim Chambers Colonial Virginia and bears the engraved initials AE in script.

Overall length is 62" and LOP( Length Of Pull) measures 13 3/4". Weight is just about 8lbs.

Last edited:
View attachment 276180
I have an English styled flintlock smoothbore I picked up from Alex Efremenko about eight years ago. His description of build and materials below:

Stock is of hard maple with a hand scraped finish then stained with iron nitrate and finished out with brass trim pieces; butt plate, trigger guard, side plate, ramrod thimbles and entry pipe, The brass trim pieces wear a little stylish engraving.

Barrel made by Long Hammock is a custom 46" length octagon to round 20 gauge smoothbore. The barrel has been lightly coned at the muzzle to aid in loading a patched round ball. Barrel is also equipped with a rear sight. The rear sight has been moved forward at some point and the old slot filled, the work was expertly done and blended so as to be barely noticeable,

Lock is a Jim Chambers Colonial Virginia and bears the engraved initials AE in script.

Overall length is 62" and LOP( Length Of Pull) measures 13 3/4". Weight is just about 8lbs.

I originally purchased it, never caught the blackpowder bug so the piece ended up being carried by my father for a bit and has now been sitting for the last year. Always seemed to me a well built and fine shooting arm. Used but not abused it has picked up the honest patina of a real working gun with many, many more years of service left to give.

Link to picture album directly below:
PICTURES - Google Drive Album

$900 Cash, Face to face transaction only. I will not ship.
I am currently between Romney West Virginia and Winchester Virginia regularly and willing to meet within an hour or so of either.
View attachment 276180

I originally purchased it, never caught the blackpowder bug so the piece ended up being carried by my father for a bit and has now been sitting for the last year. Always seemed to me a well built and fine shooting arm. Used but not abused it has picked up the honest patina of a real working gun with many, many more years of service left to give.

Link to picture album directly below:
PICTURES - Google Drive Album

$900 Cash, Face to face transaction only. I will not ship.
I am currently between Romney West Virginia and Winchester Virginia regularly and willing to meet within an hour or so of either.
I am very interested in the gun. I live in Huntington wv and would like to know where you could meet me? My email is [email protected]. Please contact me and let me know. Thanks

I am very interested in the gun. I live in Huntington wv and would like to know where you could meet me? My email is [email protected]. Please contact me and let me know. Thanks
Lee who did you sell the Fowler to ? I responded to your email several times for a meeting place to purchase the gun but never got a response.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back