• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

15/16 to 1"

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rt2bowhunter

32 Cal
Reaction score
I was wondering how hard it would be to buy a Hawke 15/16 stock and fit it to barrel that's 1" across the flats.

There will be a 1/32 gap on your stock. That’s not much but over all is a lot of barrel movement stress on the wood. You want as perfect fit as possible
Easiest get a new stock
If you don’t want that you can bed it, but that’s a lot of bedding compund
Look up model expo on line. They sell wood for ship models. Down to walnut, cherry, basswood and maple strips .5 mm thick
Very flexible and you can line your whole barrel channel. Cheaper then a stock
Then make a custom sanding block to finish whole wood

There will be a 1/32 gap on your stock. That’s not much but over all is a lot of barrel movement stress on the wood. You want as perfect fit as possible
Easiest get a new stock
If you don’t want that you can bed it, but that’s a lot of bedding compund
Look up model expo on line. They sell wood for ship models. Down to walnut, cherry, basswood and maple strips .5 mm thick
Very flexible and you can line your whole barrel channel. Cheaper then a stock
Then make a custom sanding block to finish whole wood
I think you got it backwards. He wants to fit a 1" barrel into a stock made for a 15/16" barrel.

Is the tang the same? Won’t you have to move the lock out as well? Deepen the barrel channel will throw off the wedge key as well then the nose cap comes into play. Sounds hard to me!

Back