• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Cabelas/Investarms Hawken replacement barrel

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I can’t find an OEM one and I’ve been looking for years. Investarms, or someone, has to make an aftermarket barrel, or a barrel for some other model that will fit, right? Does anyone know?

I reached out to investarms and got nowhere.

The barrel is 1:48, 28 inches long, octagonal, and 15/16 inches across the flats.

A Thompson Center Hawken barrel should fit. 15/16". There's used ones out there.

Usually about the only thing required to put a TC barrel on Italian Hawkens is a minor amout of filing of the barrel hook & maybe shave just a bit of wood behind the barrel hook.

I can’t find an OEM one and I’ve been looking for years. Investarms, or someone, has to make an aftermarket barrel, or a barrel for some other model that will fit, right? Does anyone know?

I reached out to investarms and got nowhere.

The barrel is 1:48, 28 inches long, octagonal, and 15/16 inches across the flats.

I just did one recently. About five minutes on the lug to get a good fit and another 5 minutes taking about 3/32 off the underrib.

It's a shame that the patent breech plugs have disappeared from the market. When they were available it wasn't a big deal to buy the parts and build your drop in.

There's a guy here on the classifieds who is custom machining them. Not cheap but worth the money if you want or need one.

Latest posts

Back