• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

10 lbs BP Now Or Wait

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
lol, I am good on black powder also. And yet I bought 5 more pounds! Mostly because it was a good price and I won some money in the work super bowl pool! And I won't ever have to buy any more Holy Black for the rest of my life. ( I think )

Buy it

The worst that could happen would be the price would drop a little but so what, in the overall scheme of things and if you figure the amount of time its going to take to shoot it by the time your done shooting it all you won't even remember or care what it cost.

We spend thousands on guns and equipment, why quibble over a few bucks to make everything work.

Just do it

bEiJrg8.jpg

Up the order to a full case. Most dealers have a price break there and the hazmat and shipping are even further spread out. Even if you don't want the balance, you could pool your order with a friend and you both benefit.

I bought 4lbs at Grafs a few days ago. I already have it delivered.
Products & Fees
Item #NamePriceQuantityTotal
SZBP2FSCHUETZEN BLACK POWDER 2F 1LB 25/CS$23.293$69.87
SZBP3FSCHUETZEN BLACK POWDER 3F 1LB 25/CS$23.291$23.29
Fixed-Rate Shipping$12.95
Hazardous Materials Fee$23.50
Total$129.61
Who did you buy it from????

I bought 10# of Goex before it was all gone and after the crunch hit, with shipping and hazmat it was $30 a pound. I didn't care about the price, I wanted peace of mind which I now have, it's a good feeling. With what I bought and already had on hand my heirs will be giving the stuff away when I croak.

You never know what will happen, the ammo shortage had seemed to be coming to an end, a little low on 22s I found them to be non-existent again, the same could come back around for B/P, that is why I paid more for piece of mind.

Luckily, I belong to a club and we are able to buy full cases at a time to spread out the hazmat and shipping. When the GOEX news spread I scrambled to find a case and got one (GOEX) out of Illinois. That one cost us $27/lb. But we have it! Our last shipment prior to that ran $22.00/lb.

I bought 10 lbs. of Schuetzen 3F BP. Based on past experience, took 2 BP long rifles to range to bench both with Old Eysford 3F and the new Schuetzen. The 2 rifles are a Hatfield and Renegade (GM barrel), both 50 caliber. At 25 yards, 40 grains, .015 patch, .490 rb, both powders performed equally. However at 50 yds, same powder, patch and ball, OE held same position on target, but Sch constantly hit 4” low. Increased Sch to 50 grains and got a satisfactory results. Anybody else have this experience?

I'm down to my last couple cans of BP. Plus I have about 5 lbs of Pyrodex that I caught on clearance years ago for backup and letting the kids plink with it. At $250 for 10 lbs of Schutzen delivered, would you pull the trigger on it now or wait to see what prices will do.
Im no expert.ive almost always used the pyrodex brand.however CANNOT be found here(wilmington nc).theres one place that had a few cans(1#)of american pioneer powder.also got 2 can of jim shockeys gold.the grains or granules are HUGE compared to pyrodex FFF.all that to mention this....again,im no expert..never tried this;there bunches of videos on youtube of guys showing EXACTLY how to make your own BP and granulate it.very very cheaply.just a thought,an option.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back